aow recommendation


Revolver Ocelot
July 22, 2010, 08:56 PM
I'm wanting to buy an aow shotgun with a 12" barrel built on a remington 870 reciever. I had looked into the cost to leagaly do it on my own but I found it would be cheaper to have a liscensed company build me one on a virgin reciever.

That being said I was wondering if anyone know of a company thta would be capable of doing such without charging an arm and a leg.

If you enjoyed reading about "aow recommendation" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
July 22, 2010, 09:01 PM
Check out Impact Guns. They carry alot of NFA stuff. Here's the link to their AOW product page:

machine gun jenny
July 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
They are a crowd pleaser for sure. My husband builds them from the Mossberg 500. We shot this video for the client, in it you can see Phillip’s arm band jump down his arm with every shot lol
This one is 13”and holds 5 2 ”shells (4 in the mag tube, 1 in the chamber)

Revolver Ocelot
July 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
I had considered just buying a stock 870 and chopping the barrel and such much like your husband did with his mossbergs, however, in doing this I have created a sbs which requires the 200 dollar tax stamp. if I buy one already mad like this or made using a virgin reciever it is considered a 12ga pistol or an aow which requires only a 5 dollar tax stamp. in the long run this method is more cost effective.

July 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
Who sells these 12 guage pistols?

EDIT: It just crossed my mind. Since they're LEGALLY pistols if built on the virgin receiver wouldn't that make it legal to carry it concealed in states that don't have "safe weapon lists"? I know it'd be completely and utterly impractical but the thought just makes me smile.

July 23, 2010, 07:47 PM
Whether it actually costs less really depends on you finding an NFA dealer that lives within driving distance. Anyone could legally do the work on the barrel. You just need an NFA dealer who will buy a shotgun with a pistol grip only, register it, then transfer it to you for $5 plus the cost of the gun plus their transfer fee (usually around $100). Or you buy a normal shotgun with a pistol grip only, fast-talk the guy at the gun store into letting you declare it as a pistol on your 4437 (or some number), then hand it over to the NFA dealer to register and transfer back. But anyway, main point is, unless you're really close personal friends with the dealer, you can expect to pay the full transfer fee, so you're only likely to save about $95, in exchange for a week or two extra waiting time.

And like I said, once the receiver is registered, anyone can do the barrel chop, though many smiths will want a copy of your NFA paperwork so that they can't be charged as an accessory to a crime.

machine gun jenny
July 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
We are a 07/02 manufacturer. We use Mossberg 500s that leave the factory with a pistol grip. Before a client sends us their weapon we verify their serial# with Mossberg to assure that it left the factory with a pistol grip. Phillip converts it and we register it with the ATF, then send it to their in state dealer for the $5 Tax stamp. Most folks send us a used Mossberg that they pick up for around $130 since we refinished the weapons they look almost factory new.

July 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
Well once I get a Mossberg I'll definitely be contacting ya

If you enjoyed reading about "aow recommendation" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!