Problem with Turkish Mauser... firing pin broken?

PDA

WhoKnowsWho
September 5, 2004, 02:19 AM
Do these models have the normal more pointed style firing pin right? I just finished disassembling the bolt and the tip appears jagged, and almost as wide as the whole primer would be. Me thinks it is broken... :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with Turkish Mauser... firing pin broken?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
September 5, 2004, 02:22 AM
How long is it? Does the rifle go bang? Yes, they're normally round on the end. I'd be inclined to change it anyway. Go to http://www.e-gunparts.com/forum/forums.asp

WhoKnowsWho
September 5, 2004, 02:27 AM
Haven't fired it yet, it is still in pieces on the table, I am slowly cleaning up the black mud like grease that I wouldn't call cosmoline.

It probably would go bang as long as it still reaches out of the hole far enough still. Should make some interesting primer hits, it's more like a three prong pin! From where the steel starts to shrink down, it is only .122 long. Where it broke off, it is .100 wide.

I e-mailed Allan's Armory to see if he has any laying around.

Numrich, eh, I dunno if I want to play the parts lottery (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99955&highlight=numrich+parts). But if Brownells has a firing pin for $100+, eeek! I might have to.

Edit : Just played with it some more, the firing pin hole is too small to let this big ol end fit through, and I found where another piece of the pin was, jammed in the firing pin hole. :(

Edit 2: Well, Allan's Armory e-mailed back and said he would send me a firing pin or complete refund + shipping both ways since the gun was not advertised as a "wallhanger" it is supposed to be shootable. So whenever the hurricane down there is done, I can look forward to a firing pin in the mail.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problem with Turkish Mauser... firing pin broken?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!