Handgun / Rifle fun factor

PDA

Yohan
February 21, 2003, 12:14 AM
Which is more fun to shoot? I don't have a big background as far as rifles are concerned, but I love the way they kick back really hard- A different experience from handguns. However, I love shooting pistols and trying to get groups. I'm going to have to go with pistols since I also don't have to worry about getting a bruise from pistols :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Handgun / Rifle fun factor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
February 21, 2003, 12:19 AM
Pistols and combat shotgun.

AZTOY
February 21, 2003, 12:21 AM
I like them all:neener:

Zorro
February 21, 2003, 12:23 AM
More fun than Disneyland!

:evil:

556A2
February 21, 2003, 12:30 AM
Homeland Defense Rifles for the EVIL factor, and Semi-auto pistols.

perry
February 21, 2003, 12:39 AM
Bolt action for long distance shooting.

J Miller
February 21, 2003, 12:40 AM
You needed to add; "All the above" to your choices.

Yep if it shoots it's fun, :uhoh: even Glocks........

CGofMP
February 21, 2003, 12:43 AM
Man this was a tough one to answer.... Still.... I had to come down on the side of semi-handguns. Not a day goes by when I shoot my 1911 (1998A1) that I dont just get a THRILL out of it... same with my Garand... but to a slightly lesser extent.

When I sit down behind the Nor-Cal though its always serious WORK. At nearly a dollar a shot for match loads and in order to get any sort of group that would make me happy it takes a lot of concentration and 'geting into the bubble'... hence more work than just popping off FMJ thru the .45

Charles

http://www.norcalprecision.com/testimonials/charleslogo.jpg

coonan357
February 21, 2003, 12:52 AM
all my handguns and my rifles from the semi auto 10/22 , to the bolt berthier , are a hoot to shoot

10-Ring
February 21, 2003, 01:11 AM
Semi auto or revolver, me likes da handguns best :D

Sactown
February 21, 2003, 01:35 AM
Is there anything as much fun as a M1 Garand? Pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow PING. Gives me chills shooting Garands.

PING!!!!

WHAT IS YOUR MALFUNCTION!!

Boats
February 21, 2003, 01:48 AM
No, it's PING!!!!

It's pistol, revolver, shotgun, or rifle. What's a gun?:p

"This one's my rifle, this one's my gun, this one's for shooting and this one's for fun!" Or haven't you been paying attention recruit?!?!?!?

Get on yer knees Yohan. Now choke yerself. :evil:

Blackhawk
February 21, 2003, 01:56 AM
Semi auto rifles.

Then pistols.... :D

Kahr carrier
February 21, 2003, 09:10 AM
Pistols and Shotguns.:D

Carlos Cabeza
February 21, 2003, 10:00 AM
I voted the semi-auto handgun, nothin' like rapid fire and quick reloads. I love that "CHING !! sound the garand makes. :cool:

Viking6
February 21, 2003, 10:52 AM
What about lever guns?

Neal Bloom
February 21, 2003, 11:03 AM
Hard choice as they are all fun.

seeker_two
February 21, 2003, 12:01 PM
Too few choices...

Also need to let us make more than one choice...

I like 'em all...:evil:

Blackcloud6
February 21, 2003, 12:07 PM
You forgot to funnest of all: full-auto!

Smoke
February 21, 2003, 12:38 PM
I had a tough time with this too....and I voted semi auto handgun.
I never hit the range without putting a few rounds through the Para Ordnance.

But it really depends on my mood....

Somedays I like to sit and slowly try to put one round after another in the same hole with a good bolt action.

Somedays I like to kick up a cloud of dust with the AR.

Somedays I like to engage multiple targets in defensive scenarios with the Semi auto .45's. (But NEVER a Glock!)

But my favorite may actually be 00 and slugs through the gauge.
It always makes me grin:D

rick458
February 21, 2003, 12:46 PM
As a rule I always have a blast with the 1911s, but the best most exciting time I had in my life was taking a Cape Buffalo with the Winchester Super Express Mod 70 in .458 Win Mag.

Pappy John
February 21, 2003, 12:53 PM
My 10/22 doesn't fit into any of your categories, but its my favorite because I can shoot it for hours and only have a few bucks into the ammo, and I don't have to spend a bunch of time collecting my brass to take to the reloding bench. It does have a 16" heavy barrel and a black stock though. Is that evil and tactical enough?

TheFrontRange
February 21, 2003, 01:10 PM
I'm with the folks who say this is a tough one to make just one choice...from blasting Magnum loads in steady double-action fire from a revolver... easing back a nice crisp trigger on a 1911 and repeating, repeating, repeating...cranking off rounds with that steady chug-chug-chug of an AK...seeing from the corner of one eye as the brass flies from your 10/22...ughhhhhhhh...I wanna go to the range!!! :)

GlocksRock
February 21, 2003, 01:30 PM
They are all fun to shoot, that is why we do it. There also needs to be a choice for shotguns. BTW, I chose Glocks :p

cratz2
February 21, 2003, 02:56 PM
I guess I think pistols are the most fun though I'm not sure that is the most correct word. I've never been able to warm up to semi auto rifles because just ripping off bullets just isn't me. I can never get over the idea that I'm killing the barrel. Back when AK variants were $150-$200 I could do it in pretty good conscience but not with a $1,200 AR.

Bolt guns used to be fun but it's so easy to hit targets with good bolt guns that there's not much challenge. And I've never been able to get hung up on getting the smallest groups possible. 2MOA out to 400 or 500 yards is plenty accurate for me to do what needs to be done and to win plenty of bets. ;)

So I guess pistols. I went through a rigerous bill drill period where I had a set plan every day at the range, twice into one target, once into each of two targets, quick as possible accurate double taps, reloads etc... But eventually I got to the point where after I had improved quite a bit, I wasn't getting any faster so I stopped trying. Then I started shooting handguns at 100 yards.

ball3006
February 21, 2003, 03:34 PM
I voted for Glock. I like mine and it is with me always, except at work.....chris3

David Park
February 21, 2003, 07:02 PM
I voted for semi handguns, but my real choice would be shotguns. Shooting targets is practice, but shooting clays is fun. :) (Slugs are fun too.)

12.7x99mm
February 21, 2003, 07:22 PM
50bmg. Nothing is better than that. Just try and beat it. Unless you own a 20mm or full auto gear.

And my glocks are fun as well. :)

Larry Ashcraft
February 21, 2003, 07:52 PM
I enjoy shooting my handguns, big and small, and my Garand and Carbine, and my Mini 14. But I voted for bolt action rifles. The shots I really remember are like the coyote I shot last October at 450 yards, or the Pronghorn at 300 yards.

Reach out and touch someone... :cool:

TheLastBoyScout
February 21, 2003, 07:58 PM
Dad's scoped AR + multiple full (or as close to it as allowed by range rules... grrr) magazine+ various pieces of garbage/targets - recoil= :D :) :cool:
Ultimate versatility. Can go from punching near MOA groups at 100 to rapidly perforating cans in no time at all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Handgun / Rifle fun factor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!