How to post an image?

PDA

Marshall
December 29, 2002, 08:21 PM
Will someone kindly explain to me how to post an image please?

Thank you,
Marshall :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "How to post an image?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBluesMan
December 29, 2002, 09:22 PM
I don't know if posting images is possible right now, Marshall. I know we were having problems with it at launch time.

For more information on posting images, refer to this link: http://www.thehighroad.org/misc.php?action=bbcode#buttons Scroll down to "Adding Images."

This link is located right next to the words, "vB Code" which are visible on the left side of the screen when you are posting a reply or a new thread. It looks like this: vB Code [help]. Just click on "help" and you'll be taken to that help page.

Derek Zeanah
December 29, 2002, 09:29 PM
It should work, but I can't make it do so.

Have checked everything that should impact the issue here, and tyme has checked the DB out for any obvious issues. vB made some changes to prevent a different problem which appears to have led to this problem as a side-effect; the suggested work-around didn't work.

We haven't given up yet, but it's hard to fix over a holiday weekend.

TheBluesMan
December 29, 2002, 10:33 PM
http://www.bright.net/~jcmdjm/truthorlies.gif

Dennis Olson
January 2, 2003, 07:25 PM
Trying out a pic from my local PC....

Dennis Olson
January 2, 2003, 07:27 PM
Okay, the ADMIN CP is not set to SHOW the attachment, but rather to show the link. Setting change in ADMIN CP.

TheBluesMan
January 2, 2003, 07:34 PM
My post above is using the [ img ] tags. We've set up attachments to become links instead of displaying the image.

This was done to conserve bandwidth and out of consideration for those on a slower dial-up connection. If'n they want to see the image they can click the link. If not, they don't have to wait for the image to load.

Dennis Olson
January 2, 2003, 07:45 PM
Understood. However, in each user's USER CP, the following selections are available:

Show user's signatures in their posts?

Show user's avatar in their posts?

Show image attachments and [img] code in Posts?
(Selecting no will show a hyperlink instead.)

Selecting NO to these will disallow those items GLOBALLY for that user. Many people have pics to share but don't have a server to host them. Those folks usually attach pics. I have our filesize limit on TB2K set to 90 kb, and only allow JPG's and GIF's.

FYI...

If you enjoyed reading about "How to post an image?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!