Sks

PDA

CRridermike
September 11, 2004, 12:36 AM
what should i look for on a SKS, the gun show is tommarow and i want a cheap pne for behind the seat of the truck. i will put a different stock on it so that is not what i am looking for. i need answers ASAP, i got till 1 tommarow for as much adice as possable. thanks so much in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mainmech48
September 11, 2004, 08:06 AM
Most important IMO: chromed bore and chamber and all numbers matching. Other than that, look at the fit and feel of things just as you would any other used rifle.

Doug S
September 11, 2004, 11:17 AM
Pick up a Yugo SKS at the next gun show. I got my last show Yugo for $110. Doesn't have a chrome barrel, but it doesn't need one, just shoot some of the non-corrosive ammo. Plenty of cheap wolf etc out there. Also don't know about the legalities of changing the Yugo stock since it is considered C&R, but in my opinion the gun is great as is. You also can't beat the cheap price for a very reliable trunk gun. I own two & have yet to have a malfunction.

krusty311
September 11, 2004, 10:42 PM
Doug S hit the nail on the head.

krusty

If you enjoyed reading about "Sks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!