Hey, here's a dumb question

PDA

Chuck Perry
September 12, 2004, 11:03 AM
Will the Horndady single stage shell holders work in my Rckchucker? They are like a buck cheaper than RCBS at Midway and, like yourselves, I'm really cheap. It looks the same, but is it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey, here's a dumb question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gunrunner
September 12, 2004, 12:19 PM
I have a Rockchucker press and use Lee, Redding, Hornady dies and shellholders in it. No problems at all.

Black Snowman
September 12, 2004, 01:26 PM
I got the Lee Universal Shellholder Set from Midway. For the price of 2 RCBS holders you get 11 Lees. I get the Hornady's when I have to buy odd sizes, like for the #35 for the WSSM.

The_Antibubba
September 12, 2004, 04:44 PM
...there are NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!

I'd rather read it here than in the newspaper.

Chuck Perry
September 12, 2004, 06:31 PM
Quite true, Antibubba. I'm assembling stuff in anticipation of my Smith 500 arriving in a couple weeks. Damn but those cases are expensive! Best deal so far has been Midway, 50 Hornady cases for 18 and some change.

WESHOOT2
September 19, 2004, 08:39 AM
The LEE shellholders don't fit/work in every tool, but the RCBS seem to.......

Black Snowman
September 20, 2004, 09:11 AM
I doubt the 500 uses one of the 11 in the set, so go with whatever's available and cheap. The thickness can vary on them slightly but it's usually a non-issue as all it will effect is how the die is set.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey, here's a dumb question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!