Help identifying an Anschutz .22Mag/.410 SxS hammer gun

PDA

JohnBT
February 21, 2003, 12:13 PM
Help! Can anyone help me identify an Anschutz .22Mag/.410 double barrel hammer gun?

I posted the following a couple of weeks ago on RimfireCentral and came up empty:

I saw the slickest little combo gun Saturday at a gun show. I want it, heck my dad wants it and he's 81 and not buying any more guns he says, but it was just too much money. The sort of gun you could carry around the estate and not even notice the weight or size - tiny. And no, I don't have an estate.

A tiny double barrel with large hammers - .22 Mag/.410.
Flip up tang ring sight and a fold down leaf on the barrels. Blade front. Leather sling.

I can't even describe it. It was just too, too nice. Well used, but very elegant. I should have given it a better look, but we were just standing there with our mouths open looking stupid.

If I ever see it again - like next month - I'll probably buy it, buggered up screw heads on the tang sight and all.

Anyone know a model name and/or model number? I'm still searching the web, but no luck so far.

Asking price was $1250.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Help identifying an Anschutz .22Mag/.410 SxS hammer gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jagermeister
February 21, 2003, 12:46 PM
Are you sure it is .22Mag and .410?
Are the barrels rifled?

The only thing I could find, attached photo, is this dbl gun by Ahschutz, J.G. there was another Anschutz, Bruno which made SXS's, however these did not have a name brand on them.

JM

JohnBT
February 22, 2003, 12:29 AM
That's either the gun or very close. I did not handle the gun, but the hang tag said .22Mag/.410 and the barrels looked like it from the front. Come to think of it, I saw the muzzle first as I walked by and was surprised by the different bores.

It had regular rifle sights on the barrels and a tang sight topped with a small, maybe a 1/4", 'ghost ring' that I assumed could be used with the .410 barrel.

Thanks for the info on this fascinating little gun. I think I'll turn in now. Maybe it will be at the gun show next weekend.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Help identifying an Anschutz .22Mag/.410 SxS hammer gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!