A Modern Day Miracle!

PDA

bfieldburt
September 12, 2004, 07:36 PM
Holy S@!T! I just saw a piece on the AWB on the ABC Nightly News. And, I can't believe I'm saying this......it was fair. It showed a Justice Department Report that only 2% of crimes pre-ban involved "assault weapons" and that "there was no noticable difference after the ban." It also said that the ban involved "miltary style features" but the guns shot and functioned no differently than guns that weren't banned. It also showed two guns on a gunrack, one "assault weapon" and one that wasn't an assault weapon and showed how they looked almost exactly the same AND they even implied that this showed the goofiness of the law. They had one dumb anti-on: that woman congressperson whose husband was killed in Long Island, but she didn't say much except "the ban was effective" which was just shown to be wrong by the previously mentioned Justice Department report.

Now I know that ABC is only being fair on this one to keep me watching so they can screw me later. Of course. And, I also know that this doesn't make up for their year of lies..lies...and more lies. I also know that they are only being fair now to save face because they know they've lost this one. BUT, I have to give them credit on this one. Unbelievable. They are capable of fairness once in a blue moon.

What's next? The Apocalypse? A brief moment of fairness out of ABC. It blows me away.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Modern Day Miracle!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Don Gwinn
September 12, 2004, 07:40 PM
There wasn't a reporter named John Stossel involved by any chance, was there?

ACP230
September 12, 2004, 08:26 PM
Terry Moran was the talking head running the broadcast.
The reporter was an American of Asian ancestory whose name I forget. He did a report for Good Morning America this morning too.
That one was less even-handed.

I think the talking head mixed up the two rifles shown. He said the top one, minus flashhider, was illegal and the bottom one equipped with one was legal. They used the same guns this morning and had it correct.

More time for Congresscritter McCarthy this morning too.

Justin
September 12, 2004, 09:35 PM
The reporter's name is John Yang.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Modern Day Miracle!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!