Couldn't ''make'' anyone

PDA

P95Carry
September 12, 2004, 10:23 PM
Had a great weekend ... and yesterday ..... major local bike rally. ''Dog Run'', in Windber PA. After the ride etc ... wife and I finished up at the town's recreational park, where all the guys camping were hangin out, 100's and 100's of em ... great atmosphere, much ''tire burning'' .... and ultimately - best fireworks I have seen in a long time.

Ooops - I nearly digress!!!! We hadn't meant to stay so late but - because we stayed on for fireworks, till 10pm ... spent much time sitting, watching and occasionally chatting with folks. Now statistically I'd say - 6% of folks may have been carrying - self included ... and dang it - I could NOT ''make'' a single one - and I looked - and I mean LOOKED! Either that is good and says a lot for good concealment - or - there were precious few dudes packin! :D

Either way - it was one heck of a good evening!:p

If you enjoyed reading about "Couldn't ''make'' anyone" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joe sixpack
September 13, 2004, 01:28 AM
Glad you had a great time P95, and thanks for sharing it with us.

cheers, ab

sctman800
September 13, 2004, 08:13 AM
Motorcycles and handguns, probably my two favorite subjects and you rolled them both into one post, cool. I have had my Florida CCW for about a year now, but am still parinoid about printing. Saturday my wife and I took a road trip out of Illinois to the free state of Indiana to visit her relatives. her niece started talking about the area having a booming crime problem and that she was thinking about getting a handgun for protection but knew nothing about them. I told her that I carry and even after I took off my leather vest she still couldnt tell. I usally carry a S&W 4513 in a tuckable IWB so I am feeling a little better about printing. Then I talked to her about what I would recommend for her first firearm, that I am a NRA certified instructor for basic pistol, will help her out with everything I can to get her safe and comfortable. Didn't mean to change the subject on your post, it just happens sometimes when I start typing. Jim.

mec
September 13, 2004, 08:39 AM
We once did a Texas CHL training class for an entire motorcycle club. Dang, thoses guys were good. They really understood machinery.

TonyB
September 13, 2004, 08:47 AM
My Dad is a rider..he was in Laconia NH,with a bunch of guys from other states.He mentioned how he felt weird because he wasn't carrying.....about 5 guys he was with said"you can borrow one of ours if you need to."and proceeded to take out their handguns...my Father had no idea they were all carrying.....I guess leather is good concelament:D
He said he felt alot safer that week:cool:

P95Carry
September 13, 2004, 10:59 PM
Didn't mean to change the subject on your post, it just happens sometimes when I start typing. No sweat!!:)

Thinking back again .. one heck of a lot of guys were just in t-shirts ... maybe some vests now and again ... but as I said .. I could not ''make'' even one .. not one! Most bikes BTW were on PA plates so .. I know - just know - many had to have been carrying.

For one carrier not to be able to spot another even when trying .... probably (I hope) says a lot for how good most folks are.

V-fib
September 14, 2004, 02:02 AM
Since getting my CCW I’ve made it kind of a “hobby” when I go out in public to try and see if I can pick out others carrying. Have suspected a few but none yet that I could be 100% on. The ones I suspected all had fanny packs. I guess not seeing others printing is good.:cool:

Barbara
September 14, 2004, 05:00 AM
In public, vests are always the key, but that doesn't really work in a biker fest. :)

CleverName
September 14, 2004, 05:11 AM
Only person I ever suspected of printing was a man in a decent suit who was asking some odd questions in the local gunstore. He didn't say it, but it was implied he was a detective with one of the local departments.

If you enjoyed reading about "Couldn't ''make'' anyone" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!