what angers me most about the AWB ending

PDA

sekdar
September 12, 2004, 11:57 PM
as we all know, the AWB will disappear and crime will NOT suddenly skyrocket.

how many journalists/news networks are going to openly talk about this? :(

this illustration of why gun control does not work is going to be swept under the rug by the people who supported it, when documenting it could open more peoples' eyes...

If you enjoyed reading about "what angers me most about the AWB ending" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chetrogers
September 13, 2004, 12:13 AM
CNN said that "police cheifs all over the United States say crime will skyrocket"..CNN wouldnt lie would they :)..They also said uzi's and ak-47's are going to be legal.Im going to get rid of my sar-1 and get an AK now :)

yawgoog
September 13, 2004, 01:02 AM
There are a very small, but not zero, number of crimes committed with AWB banned guns. Next one to happen will be ALL OVER the place for a month.

cookhj
September 13, 2004, 01:30 AM
you know what angers ME most about the AWB?

the fact that it had to happen in the first place!

Gixerman1000
September 13, 2004, 01:42 AM
My fear is that every time someone gets shot, even with a single shot 22, the journalists/news networks are going to blame it on the death of the AWB:cuss:

Ric
September 13, 2004, 08:22 AM
I just saw yesterday that the crime rate in this country is the lowest in 30 years. Could it be all the new shall issue laws?

Maybe when the crime rate goes down some more it may sink in?

*hopefully*

Tinker
September 13, 2004, 09:46 AM
It won't skyrocket, but I'd lay bets that now that the AWB is gone that you will see media coverage of gun incidents skyrocket.

A few months back, three local policemen were killed by a bad guy while they attempted to serve a warrant. It made local news, but I thought for sure the mainstream national press was going to make hay with the story as they are prone to do. I can't recall a single blurb about the killing on CNN. This amazed me. The weapon used in the killings was on of those "evil" "assault" SKS, too. I bet they bring out the magnifying glass again with AWB gone.

sturmruger
September 13, 2004, 10:31 AM
I was a football party yesterday and somebody commented that they were going to go out today and buy an UZI. I didn't even try and correct them. The Vikings were winning and I was about 6 beers in and didn't feel like getting all mad.

Pilgrim
September 13, 2004, 11:20 AM
I was a football party yesterday and somebody commented that they were going to go out today and buy an UZI. I didn't even try and correct them. The Vikings were winning and I was about 6 beers in and didn't feel like getting all mad.

You should have said you will go with him as you wanted to buy one too and you didn't know where to go.

Pilgrim

Logan5
September 13, 2004, 01:48 PM
Heheh, my cousin told me he and a friend had gone in together to purchase an "assault rifle". Turns out it's a Remington Nylon 66. He lives in LA, and it's got some black plastic on it... :rolleyes:

fastball
September 13, 2004, 02:16 PM
Logan 5--My 14 round Remington Mod 66 .22 cal. has black plastic and is NICKLE plated!!! Now I can dig it up and put it back in my gunsafe. Hope I can remember where I buried it. Was it under that old oak tree??:confused::confused: :D -----Tom

If you enjoyed reading about "what angers me most about the AWB ending" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!