Quality SKS Mags

PDA

aerod1
September 13, 2004, 10:53 AM
Now that the AWB is over, I wonder if some company will start manufacturing quality SKS magazines larger than 10 round? It seems that could be a real profitable item if the quality was there.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Quality SKS Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
September 13, 2004, 11:06 AM
Can't add detachable mags to SKS imported after 89 - separate law.

fletcher
September 13, 2004, 11:52 AM
Now that the evil features are no longer an issue, anyone think a SKS 922(r) compliance kit will become readily available?

aerod1
September 13, 2004, 04:04 PM
Is there a way (serial no.) you can tell when a SKS was imported? I certainly want to stay on the good side of the law.

Jim

fletcher
September 13, 2004, 10:41 PM
I don't think so.

FW
September 14, 2004, 12:39 AM
Now that the AWB is over, I wonder if some company will start manufacturing quality SKS magazines larger than 10 round? It seems that could be a real profitable item if the quality was there.

In my opinion, the only "quality" magazine for the SKS is the fixed 10 round it originally was made with. The problem with the removable magazines is the bolt has to be back to remove and install them. The may function fine, but can be awkward to use. There are some fixed 20 round magazines that are basicly a 20 round version fo the of original 10 round design. They would not have the problems of the detachable magazines, but I don't know how easy they are to find.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quality SKS Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!