1. Airfare to Korea
2. A tent
3. A smaller sleeping bag
4. Camera lenses
5. Tripod
6. Backup camera
7. An HK P2000
8. A Beretta 92G Elite IA

1. I ruled this out because the current language barrier isn't going to get me very far.
2. Seriously...for car campin'? I'll just borrow.
3. see #2, i'll just use my Wiggy's hulk of a bag.
4. Waiting for Photokina at the end of the month
5. See #4, I may be able to do without with a stabilized lens
6. Waiting to see what materializes in 2 weeks.
7. I shoot the Beretta better than the P7, USP, 1911 and everything else I've tried. As much as I'd like to save almost a pound, I'm not sure if the P2000 will be as good for me as another Beretta.

So.

That leaves just the Beretta.

Yeah it's big and heavy but I shoot the 92G the best and would be well served by one with a light. And shoving a third Beretta in my pants would make the damn things fit. And I already have mags...

If you enjoyed reading about "Talking Myself Into Another Beretta" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mtnbkr
September 13, 2004, 03:30 PM
Get the Beretta. I've just recently "discovered" them and can't say enough nice things. It's one of the few autos I shoot well.

Chris

jed
September 13, 2004, 03:50 PM
I favor Beretta pistols for many reasons. Some people can't shoot and thus blame the gun!

If you can shoot, the Beretta is one smooth shooting semiauto. The old if you could only have one question has my answer as the Beretta semiauto.

I think my opinion is however very biased as I have so much trigger time with a Beretta that shooting it is a very natural event.

Of course other fine handguns exist for those who shoot them better than Berettas.

twoblink
September 14, 2004, 12:10 AM
Skunk.. If you wonder why you don't have a gf..

Maybe it's the beretta!!

:neener:

George Hill
September 14, 2004, 12:15 AM
http://www.madogre.com/images/elizabeth_hurley010.jpg
Skunk's Girlfriend...

No, not the girl... the Beretta.

Molly
September 14, 2004, 12:26 AM
I have an Elite 1A that I would like to sell. I shot it for the first time last week - about 40 rounds. I bought it new. It comes with everything, including blue box, Beretta plastic case, booklet, etc. Plus I have 6 MecGar 15 Rd mags, brand new. Plus, I have the Beretta 92 Tanto-blade knife that came as a special gift with the Elite 1A last year, unused. I want to sell this stuff. Never got any bites on it last time:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58073

Let me know.

Molly
September 14, 2004, 12:28 AM
Oh yes, what comes out in two weeks? Canon EOS 20D. I have a 10D myself.

Hawk
September 14, 2004, 12:50 AM
What's the diff betwixt the Elite 1A and 2? The Beretta site says the 2 had Novak's but doesn't say which (so far as I can see).

Molly
September 14, 2004, 12:59 AM
All I know is that the Elite 1A has the Vertec grip frame, but does not have the often disliked Vertec short trigger of the standard Vertecs. So it is supposed to be the best of both worlds I guess. It also has the Brigadier thick slide for strength, and is a G model, which has no safety, only a decocker. It has a rail on the bottom, and mine has a D model trigger spring. Someone else will have to elaborate on the other models.

point_and_shoot
September 14, 2004, 02:01 PM
Go with the Beretta. You will not be dissapointed!

point_and_shoot
September 14, 2004, 02:01 PM
Go with the Beretta. You will not be dissapointed!

Andrew Wyatt
September 14, 2004, 03:34 PM
you need to get yourself a nice 1911. something you can settle down with.

I'll trade you mine for your p7.

cool45auto
September 14, 2004, 11:12 PM
Come on Skunk, back to my side!

NMshooter
September 15, 2004, 02:26 PM
"I'll trade you mine for your P7" "Snort!":D :neener: :evil: Thank you, I needed a good chuckle.:) Of course if H&K offers the P7M13 again I think the Beretta will take a back seat to it.:p

sm
September 15, 2004, 09:08 PM
Skunk who??? :p

George , you need to re-post another Picture....what Beretta? ;)

Damn - I never noticed her eyes quite like that before - I mean I admired her eyes before - that pic really shows them off - in a new perspective.

Eyes - the keys to the soul.

twoblink
September 16, 2004, 12:09 AM
Berettas, the birth-spawn of bad engineering and drunken Italians!!

Skunk, you need to save up for a plane ticket to Korea...

faustulus
September 16, 2004, 04:41 AM
Just to torture you Skunk:
http://www.berettaweb.com/92%20Combat/92-Stock.gif

Nightcrawler
September 16, 2004, 11:38 AM
Question about the above pictured Beretta.

It's obviously a DA/SA design.

Where is the decocker, or does it lack one like a CZ?

If the decocker is engaged by pushing the safety lever down past the fire position, this is bad. The Taurus pistols are like this. The problem is if you engage the safety lever too hard, you'll push it past fire and into decock, losing the advantage of the single action first shot. Furthermore, the Tauri cannot fire while the decock/safety lever is held down.

All that said, I'd trade the 92FS I carry on duty for this model in a heartbeat.

Skunkabilly
September 16, 2004, 12:36 PM
Faustulus, if I had cruise missles on my CR-V, you'd have incoming!

Jerk. :neener:

Twoblink, yeah but some Korean courses at the Orange Coast College first!

Andrew Wyatt
September 16, 2004, 02:32 PM
I heard that if you bang the barrel on something, it'll dent and when you fire it the gun will explode.

get a glock. :rolleyes:

BigG
September 16, 2004, 03:06 PM
OK, Skunk, Put the girl down and back away from the table. I mean Put the gun down and back away from the table.

:p

Hey George, what model is that Beretta the girl has? If it's a 92, she must be super size! :confused:

Skunkabilly
September 16, 2004, 03:37 PM
It's a nickel Cheetah with wood grips. Not sure if it's the 84 or 85 model.

faustulus
September 17, 2004, 03:46 AM
Faustulus, if I had cruise missles on my CR-V, you'd have incoming!
You don't scare me, you live in Cali, they won't even let you guys have shiny new full cap mags :evil:
My friends and I have begun periodically emailing beretta asking why they won't sell us a gun we want.:banghead:

Tacblack
September 17, 2004, 03:55 AM
Doh Faustulus the high mag line was cold and don't you think Shunk is well aware of that by now. If Kali let in high caps you'd just be tripping over them like me and Faust LOL

Stick with the Berettas Skunk, they will never disapoint you like a women will anyway and much cheaper.

I am holding out for the 92 combat or I will just not buy another Beretta, humm.......wonder how much the Sig 226 X5 is going to be.

Skunkabilly
September 17, 2004, 12:00 PM
Not that I'm remotely interested in a Sig 226, but what's an X5?

Lightsped
September 17, 2004, 12:09 PM
Yes, tell me more about the below pictured Beretta. It obviously isn't a regular 92FS... What is it?

Sead0nkey
September 17, 2004, 07:39 PM
MY guess is that its the 92/96 Stock..... I heard they are in high demand.

Tacblack
September 18, 2004, 04:51 AM
That would be the beretta 92 stock combat I believe. It usually has a bushing around the front of the barrel in front of the slide. Don't know why that one does not. Its not a normal import to the US. I have been emailing beretta as to why and so has Faustulus, they answered simply "we have no plans at this time to import them". And I asked WHY NOT. Please email them and ask for it also.

Skunk I figured Faust would fill you in on the x-five but I guess not. Look at the sigsauer site and its under sport I think. Its not in the sigarms page yet. Its a five inch 15mm barrel with frame mounted safty, built in jet funnel magwell, match type sites, all steel, adjustable trigger. Its built for IPSC. They also have a 226 all steel normal length with extended controls, match sites and heavy barrel.

I want a 92 combat might get a elite II to get buy, but their lack of ability to make the steel I with the right grip or import the combat may drive me to buy something else:banghead:

faustulus
September 18, 2004, 05:16 AM
Not that I'm remotely interested in a Sig 226, but what's an X5?
Well since you aren't even the least bit interested ...
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1244503

faustulus
September 18, 2004, 05:18 AM
hurm, broken url ...

Tacblack
September 18, 2004, 11:01 PM
Ugly sigs why would you want one.....wonder what they go for? That would be a rocking ESP gun. I am sure its $1200-1300 or more.

Has anyone seen the Beretta Steel I's yet, I saw one Friday along with the elite II in a sporting goods place in a mall of all places. Bismark ND. The steel I is pretty cool if it had the reg grip. It is pretty shiny not used to that on a Beretta. Its heavy if you didnt hit your target with it you could beat it to death with no problem. It can't have hardly any felt recoil. The price was $1300. The frame mounted safty stuck out more then I like in the back of the grip where your thumb wraps around, of course I am used to 2011-1911's safty. Looked like you could round the corners down eazy enough.

Tecolote
September 19, 2004, 12:40 AM

Wow!! I wish they imported that model!:cuss:

faustulus
September 19, 2004, 09:54 PM
Wow!! I wish they imported that model
email them. I have, tac has and hopefully if we get enough they will realize it is their best interest to bring it here. long shot but doesn't cost anything.
So Tac are you coming home with a new toy?

George Hill
September 20, 2004, 12:17 AM
"Wow!! I wish they imported that model!"

DITTO!!!!
:D

Skunkabilly
September 20, 2004, 11:54 AM
Tritto. :(

The X5 looks neat...but Nina treats me good at IPSC.

I think 45R might like that gat though. Frame mounted safety = C&L?

45R
September 20, 2004, 12:14 PM
The Sig X-Five is on my list of Sig goodies. Its only 1750 Euros which = over 2K USD. :uhoh: Extended slide and frame with SA only trigger. Looks like a 220EL on roids.

I'm looking forward to checking out the 229 w new DAK trigger! Get those DAKs while you can. 6.5lb DAO trigger! They are going to be scarce due to Sigs new Gov contracts.

That Beretta SD is nice!!!!

Skunkabilly
September 20, 2004, 12:15 PM
Sell your Kimbers, suckah!

clipse
September 20, 2004, 01:00 PM
Sigs have always seemed over priced to me. Then again I am used to CZ's so......

clipse

If you enjoyed reading about "Talking Myself Into Another Beretta" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!