What's wrong with this Picture?

PDA

Badger Arms
September 13, 2004, 04:16 PM
Okay, there is something wrong in this picture. 10 brownie points go to the first one to identify it.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1233464

If you enjoyed reading about "What's wrong with this Picture?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fly320s
September 13, 2004, 04:25 PM
He has his finger off the trigger.:what:

Skofnung
September 13, 2004, 04:26 PM
The gas tube latch is not in it's detent?

Darkmind
September 13, 2004, 04:27 PM
The mags dont look to be stacked very well.???????:confused:

foghornl
September 13, 2004, 04:37 PM
Since I don't own an AK-xx series, I'm not sure, but it looks like there may not be enough clearence between the mags to make a succesful quick-change.

rbernie
September 13, 2004, 04:38 PM
Dunno the answer, but you gotta love that 'replacement' forearm with vertical handgrip and the mags held together with electrical tape.

TODD3465
September 13, 2004, 04:44 PM
The scum-bag appears to be alive and well.

Ktulu
September 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
This guy used all of the electrical tape on his magazines and there isn't enough left for the IUDs... oops I mean IEDs.

WhiteKnight
September 13, 2004, 04:56 PM
He needs an AR or else he won't hit the broad side of a barn? :neener:

Ktulu
September 13, 2004, 04:56 PM
BTW: If you wear a mask and carry an AK, you should be considered fair game.

Badger Arms
September 13, 2004, 05:12 PM
First things first: He has his finger off the trigger... that's right. Safety is on... that's good. He's alive... that's bad considering he seems to know a little about how to safely handle a firearm. There is nothing wrong with the vertical grip on the fore-end, this is an import and they were made that way right from the factory.

Destructo6
September 13, 2004, 05:13 PM
Could be me, but the receiver appears to be twisted just forward of the magwell.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
September 13, 2004, 05:20 PM
There's no target dot on his forehead?

Regards,
Rabbit.

Rupestris
September 13, 2004, 05:23 PM
The AK in the background has about a 40" barrel?
The yellow plaid shirt? (not tactical at all :p )
The magazine holds more than 10 rounds and the photo was taken yesterday before they were legal?

I give. What is it?

Coronach
September 13, 2004, 05:24 PM
Mag not latched in tight? Can't tell for sure. I could get out my AK to check, but I'm lazy.

I was going to say that he couldn't switch mags quickly using the duct-tape solution, but the second mag is upside down and should seat OK.

Mike

PMDW
September 13, 2004, 05:26 PM
His weapon is not in my hands.

wasrjoe
September 13, 2004, 05:36 PM
The sling is in a rather weird position?

Red Tornado
September 13, 2004, 05:38 PM
The 3rd face, by the magazine, doesn't have a mask on?!?:confused: Where was this supposed to have been taken, that looks like a Gum tree in the background.

Skofnung
September 13, 2004, 05:39 PM
I maintain that it must be the gas tube latch...

Wait a tick, I can't see the saftey, where is the saftey?

Dave Markowitz
September 13, 2004, 05:42 PM
1. Gas tube latch is swung down too far.

2. The sling is fouling the ejection port.

PMDW
September 13, 2004, 05:53 PM
So, what happens if he fires the rifle with the latch in the wrong position?

DMK
September 13, 2004, 06:17 PM
The AK in the background has about a 40" barrel? That long barrel in the background is an RPK, a very nasty squad machine gun version of the AK/AKM and the real "reason for being" for those 40 round mags and 75 round drums that we like to buy for our SAR1s and their bretheren.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg15-e.htm

Bwana John
September 13, 2004, 07:25 PM
BTW: If you wear a mask and carry an AK, you should be considered fair game.
And its OK to wear a mask but carry a M-4 or MP-5? In my book if your wearing a mask you better be dressed in a faggity a$$ cowboy outfit, be packing a SAA with silver bullets, and be riding on a horse named "Silver", or you are concidered "fair game".

Triad
September 13, 2004, 07:35 PM
The gas piston tube looks like it came off a SKS. Prop for the photo shoot maybe?

fistful
September 13, 2004, 08:40 PM
Eeeewww, like, that shirt is just so wrong. Gag me with a banana clip!

SoundWave
September 13, 2004, 08:46 PM
Saftey off?

Dionysusigma
September 13, 2004, 09:03 PM
Nope, it's on...

Is that a wire going through the magazine?!? (In the middle of all that silly electrical tape)

Also, the wielder seems to be a bit too small...

"Aren't you a little short for a storm-trooper?" ;)

rbernie
September 13, 2004, 09:13 PM
Why does the upper left corner look like an indoor background and the right side background look outdoors?

Schuey2002
September 13, 2004, 09:32 PM
Members of the Klu Klux Klan wear white hoods, not black.. :uhoh:

Badger Arms
September 13, 2004, 09:55 PM
Well, Skofnung gets the 10 brownie points. The latch for the gas tube is rotated all the way forward.

Honerable mention goes to the following things pointed out:
- The sling is indeed covering the ejection port and might result in a malfunction if this fine upstanding individual decides to jump up and down, chant, and fire his AK into the sky.
- Just how tactical is a yellow plaid shirt?
- What is wrong with the receiver just forward of the mag well?

Okay, bonus points to anybody who can tell me why it looks so funny forward of the mag well. I'm thinking the photo was doctored up for some reason. Looks like an ultra-wide lens of maybe 20mm or so, but the distortion should not be that great in this portion of the picture.

Selfdfenz
September 13, 2004, 11:06 PM
I may be late but I believe when he taped the mags together he also taped part of his hood between them.

S-

If you enjoyed reading about "What's wrong with this Picture?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!