Glock Exec Resigns Because Of Us!!!

PDA

Drjones
February 21, 2003, 03:08 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet!!!!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=808&ncid=808&e=14&u=/dowjones/20030221/bs_dowjones/200302210059000021

Good job guys!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Exec Resigns Because Of Us!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pendragon
February 21, 2003, 03:15 PM
based on what we know about this guy, it is likely he resigned because he did not like having to take the stance that Glock likely wanted him to take.

Sven
February 21, 2003, 03:21 PM
Already posted here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9829&highlight=Glock

firestar
February 21, 2003, 04:15 PM
That is a good start. When are they going to fire the guy who thought up the bright idea of the .45 short (.45 Glock)? :neener:

Blackhawk
February 21, 2003, 04:16 PM
Not the article, Sven. Tom Gresham was just passing along a rumor.

10-Ring
February 21, 2003, 04:38 PM
Since he'll probaby stick around Glock as a "consultant" it doesn't look like he'll have anymore on camera interviews but do all his damage behind the scenes...out of sight, out of mind?

CZ-75
February 21, 2003, 04:42 PM
Being a CONsultant means he'll work half as long for twice the pay.

MitchSchaft
February 21, 2003, 04:59 PM
Ok, the article said nothing about why he resigned. Or what is going to be done in the future. How is this a good start?

10-Ring
February 21, 2003, 06:55 PM
To me, it reads like he took a bullet for the company. I doubt there's nothing new going on at GLock as a result of this situation. Just move on to the next 'fire.' :fire:

thumbtack
February 21, 2003, 07:06 PM
I choose to see this as a positive outcome. :D

David Park
February 21, 2003, 07:11 PM
Mr. Jannuzzo had been one of the industry's most senior in-house lawyers and helped to shape strategy in defending against dozens of municipal and individual liability suits gun companies have faced in recent years. ... "I'm in the process of discussing a consulting contract with Glock, and until I am finished with that, I will have no comment," he said. It's possible he will stick around to continue to fight the frivolous liability suits, but will no longer have any role in setting policy or speaking for the company. It seems like that would be a win-win for Glock, since he's apparently a talented lawyer but a terrible public spokesman.

Topgun
February 21, 2003, 07:32 PM
Paul Jannuzzo has been selected as the new head of the BATF, President Hillary Clinton announced today.

Yohan
February 21, 2003, 07:59 PM
Good riddance :-D

El Rojo
February 21, 2003, 09:37 PM
Be as cynical as you want. We got pissed, we made calls and wrote letters, the guy resigned. A message was sent here. And someone heard it loud and clear. Sell us out and sell your last handgun. :neener:

Airwolf
February 21, 2003, 09:44 PM
Being a CONsultant means he'll work half as long for twice the pay.

http://flymeaway.net/images/consulting.jpg

:evil:

mikemck
February 21, 2003, 10:07 PM
What are you going to do for your next trick? Try to put a gun company out of business?

Oh wait, you did try that, but it did not work for some reason...
How about boycotting gun stores, or gun shows, that won't let you carry your CCW's?

Yeah, this latest bit sure is something to be proud of though...

MitchSchaft
February 22, 2003, 02:52 AM
How about boycotting gun stores, or gun shows, that won't let you carry your CCW's?

Roger that. I boycott a local range that was built with my tax dollars and won't let me carry.

Cosmoline
February 22, 2003, 04:25 AM
A range that won't let you carry...

I had to think about that three or four times. It still makes no sense at all. What do they think you're going to do? Everyone else has a loaded firearm actually out and in operation!

DAL
February 22, 2003, 05:27 AM
A local range that won't let you carry? Well, carry anyway! As long as it's concealed, short of groping you, how are they going to know? I respect private property, but no one owns my own private property--me.
DAL

mikemck
February 22, 2003, 08:48 AM
A local range that won't let you carry? Well, carry anyway! As long as it's concealed, short of groping you, how are they going to know? I respect private property, but no one owns my own private property--me.

My original point aside, you are missing the point again.

Why give your business to a range, store, or gunshow that does not let you legally carry?
Why should have to "put one over on them" and carry anyway?

If every other store is expected to respect your right to carry, then gun stores, ranges, and gun shows damn well better respect it as well, or get treated the same as all the other stores that don't.
That's the real problem, and why gun owners don't have a lot of credibilty, in my opinion. They just ignore what they don't want to see, and there is no consistency...

Quantrill
February 22, 2003, 08:58 AM
Good Riddance to bad rubbish!! Nice poster Airwolf. Quantrill

Tamara
February 22, 2003, 09:01 AM
Cool.

Great.

The man that told HUD & the feds to 'get stuffed' after S&W caved is resigning.

Glory in your spark, folks.

:uhoh:

Boats
February 22, 2003, 10:14 AM
Tamara:

The man that told HUD & the feds to 'get stuffed' after S&W caved is resigning.

And he only seemingly told HUD where to go after S&W was stupid enough to go first. A blind man could have seen the instant consumer backlash that followed the announcement of S&W's "deal."

IIRC, Glock Inc., was in those "negotiations" until the bitter end. It was more luck and timing than courage and skill that saw Glock dodge the bullet a few years ago. This time around they put the boycott gun to their own corporate head and talked about how useful to law enforcement it would be if they would just help the government pull the trigger.:rolleyes:

Glock needs to smarten up about how NOT to treat half of their consumer base. Shuffling a deck of the politically obtuse isn't going to get it done.

trapshooter
February 22, 2003, 10:44 AM
This guy just took the fall for a corporate decision. That's the way it works. Everything he said on '60 Minutes', and after , had the stamp of approval from his boss. Whether he believed in it or not.

I don't know the guy. Never heard of him before this. But I know how corporate PR works. He couldn't open his mouth except to spout the company line, and keep the paychecks coming.

The issue is, did he back what he said, personally. I have to say, I'd lean towards no. Why? Because he's rumored to be getting the 'consulting' deal. Can any of you spell 'hush money'?

Glock is willing to shovel cash at this guy for not much in return, to keep his mouth shut. That's the way it's done, folks. BTDT. He can probably live with it because he knows enough of us won't be fooled for it to make any real difference. He can still do his lawyer gig.

What reason do I have to think this? He got personally mad when spouting the line. Think about it. You have to take the heat for a corp. decision you don't really believe in. What happens. You get hacked off, because you have no out, except to walk. If you have done your homework, and know enough, then you'll get paid to shut up.

Maybe I'm wrong, but until I see something different, I'm willing to give an otherwise unknown person the benefit of the doubt. I know how companies work, and this incident stinks like fish guts in the summer. Don't blame the messenger. JMHO.

(Having taken the same walk, in a way, I can feel for the guy).

45King
February 22, 2003, 11:48 AM
I have it on what I consider to be good authority that Jannuzzo did not "leave" the company, but was fired. The reason was because Gaston's son-in-law, International Sales Manager Herbert Weikinger, made uncomplimentary remarks about Jannuzzo's fiance, who was also a Glock employee (she also got fired,) and Jannuzzo decked him for it!

It's the last post (as of the time of this posting) in this thread. (http://sportsrec.bb.prodigy.net/sportsrecb/prodigy.cgi?action=topic_display_page&topic=3757) The post is by Dean Speir, posted on 2/21/03 at 13:35.

Say what you will about Jannuzzo's work, but I can admire the man for having made a stand and defending his lady love's honor.

Don Gwinn
February 22, 2003, 11:59 AM
Pendragon said it first. I'll just note that I agree.

El Rojo
February 22, 2003, 02:26 PM
What does it all matter? If Glock has this big conspiracy to sell off our rights for the lucrative LEO/Military contracts, let it be so. How well off is S&W now that they made the same move? Didn't the sell-outs buy S&W for like $110 Mil? Then they sold it for $10 Mil? Glock hinted what they were going to do, and they saw the backlash. So what if Glock goes ahead and decides to do it anyway. Just like you all got over buying S&W, you will get over buying Glock. Manufacturer's like Bushmaster, Springfield Armory, Remington, Ruger (yeah I already know about their selling out), HK, Beretta, CZ, Marlin, Taurus, and Winchester got he message loud and clear. They know we will drop them like a ton of bricks if they screw with us. They know what happened to Smith and Wesson, they are watching what is happening with Glock. They know how we feel. Let a gun manufacturer stick their necks out, it will be cut off.

There is no real point in worrying about all of this. According to the conspiracy buffs on this board, Gaston could care less about our 2nd Amendment rights. He would sell us out in a second. So what if he does? What are you going to do about it? You can't control him. The only thing you can do is like Para-Ordenance instead.

So enough already. If you don't like Glock, don't like Glock. If you like Glock, go shoot yours today. If they sell us out, we will crush them. They know it, we know it, all the other manufacturers know it. Sure they might survive, but you know what, those individual little agreements only affect one company. Do you think Balistic Fingerprinting is really going anywhere? The PRK AG even said it is unfeasable at this time. Sure that "at this time" thing might be scary, but only if you think like an anti-gun liberal. We all know that no time soon are firearms going to suddenly have unique and unchangable characteristics. The liberals have even admitted it. This issue is dead. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. At least not in the PRK where our budget is way red and spending millions on a gun fingerprinting scheme that won't even work will be political suicide.

DAL
February 23, 2003, 11:33 AM
...you are missing the point again.

You ought to see me shoot!
DAL

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock Exec Resigns Because Of Us!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!