too easy?

PDA

Double Maduro
September 13, 2004, 05:35 PM
I get this uneasy feeling that the sunset was too easy.

We need to be even more vigilant now that we have won. I fear that the backlash could be even more painful.

Keep your guard up.

DM

If you enjoyed reading about "too easy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dionysusigma
September 13, 2004, 06:49 PM
Hearin' ya loud and clear.

People, this means no spending extra time at the gun shop when you're supposed to be at the polls. ;)

I, for one, see this (the Sunset) as something that will not last for long...

Preacherman
September 13, 2004, 06:59 PM
Yep... I'm willing to bet a substantial sum that before long, there will be two lines of attack against gun owners:

1. An attempt to renew the standard-capacity magazine ban;

2. An attempt to ban the AR15 and AK-47 and all derivatives from civilian sale.

So buy 'em while you can, boys an' girls! The enemy hasn't gone away, but is only biding his time, and another attack is certain...

Foreign Devil
September 13, 2004, 07:33 PM
AK-45?

Arcli9ht
September 13, 2004, 07:41 PM
I'd like one.

/Arcli9ht

Preacherman
September 13, 2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks, FD - typo. I've fixed it.

Boats
September 13, 2004, 07:46 PM
The sunset was too easy now because it was so hard to get it put in back in 1994.

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

Zundfolge
September 13, 2004, 07:54 PM
I get this uneasy feeling that the sunset was too easy.

Too easy?

Go back and re-read the transcripts of the battle to get the sunset clause in place in the first place ... then go look at the thousands of hours us activists have spent writing letters, posting FAQ on the internet and researching this stupid law ... then look at the long hours arguing with antis about the stupidity of the law.

Easy? I hope this isn't the definition of easy :p

Ironbarr
September 13, 2004, 08:13 PM
YO!!!

A little faith please.

Yeah, yeah, I know - you just can't believe it happened... you'll get used to it in about a week. Look around. Things just aren't what they were in '94. Most folks are looking to their jobs, lifestyle, and security. Check your feelings about this in a month - like after the election... don't let's be expecting to give away the store so soon. Enjoy the glow.

Meanwhile - since we know these people are still gonna try to scare their way back into power... remember - it's easier to stop a bill's enactment than (ten years or more) trying to get it off the books.

What we need to see ASAP - or in good time - more statements like this ATF&E of Midnight plus one minute last night (in case you haven't read it):

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.htm

-Andy

TimRB
September 13, 2004, 08:28 PM
"Easy? I hope this isn't the definition of easy"

I'm sure DM recognizes the hard work done by many thousands (probably including himself) who wrote letters, voted, stayed informed, joined pro-gun groups, explained things to friends and antis, obeyed the law even when they didn't want to ...

But he's right. This is no time to relax, because they'll be back. Feinstein has already vowed that she will never give up this fight, and I believe her. Keep an eye on your state and local legislators! The AWB sunset *was* easy compared to what we will have to do to get rid of the far more restrictive ban we have here in California.

Tim

Old Dog
September 13, 2004, 08:57 PM
We need to be more vigilant. There is already word leaking out of DC that the Dems in Congress already have drafts ready for a new, even more draconian, AWB.

P95Carry
September 13, 2004, 09:02 PM
''It ain't over - till the fat lady sings'' ......... I can only see this as a lull --- in the ongoing fight to maintain rights. DiFi for sure will never let up ... along with an uncomfortable number of like minded people.

A small battle victory but not a lot to do with winning the war.

reagansquad
September 13, 2004, 11:49 PM
The #1 thing I'm worried about is a total ban on all semi-autos if Kerry gets elected.

The #2 thing I'm worried about is a presidential order preventing import of all ammunition to the US.

The #3 thing I'm worried about is Bush declaring himself dictator if re-elected and having all guns ceized. :-)

Zundfolge
September 14, 2004, 01:02 AM
There is already word leaking out of DC that the Dems in Congress already have drafts ready for a new, even more draconian, AWB.
They have drafted at least a dozen "more draconian AWBs" in the last 10 years and none have even made it out of committee.

Relax ... just don't stop paying attention ;)

The #1 thing I'm worried about is a total ban on all semi-autos if Kerry gets elected.
Good ... that would insure no Democrat elected to anything higher then Dog Catcher for the next decade.

The only way he could do it would be via executive order (and I'm not sure he could even do it then) and that executive order would be recended by President Rice before the end of January, 2009 :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "too easy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!