Opinions on Colt Combat Target?

PDA

AnthonyB
September 13, 2004, 07:08 PM
Fellas, I just bought three of these at a pretty good price but have never heard much about them. I did the usual web searches, but came up with very little. Any opinions out there? Tony

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Colt Combat Target?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Greg45
September 14, 2004, 07:40 AM
I owned one for a while. It was accurate and reliable. Mine was parkerized.
I sold it because I wanted something a little bit different. Didn't really care much for the adjustable sights. I also didn't like the rollmarks on mine. Very shallow in places.
I did like the high cut on the front strap, and the flat top on the slide tho.

I think they only made them for 1 or 2 years, so there's not a whole lot of them out there.

AnthonyB
September 15, 2004, 09:17 AM
Greg, thanks for the response. Tony

1911Tuner
September 15, 2004, 09:56 AM
Combat Target. Combat Target...:scrutiny: Ain't that a contradiction in terms?

Sorry...Couldn't help myself:D

Have seen very few of those. Never shot one or broke one down. The ones that I've handled seemed to be pretty well fitted and finished, save the varied roll mark depth on one.

popeye
September 15, 2004, 12:16 PM
I also had one. I remember not really being in the market for another 1911 pistol, but I walked in a local shop one day an there was a LNIB one for $450. It was "tight" and shot well but as mentioned roll marks were poor. I used it to trade on a .38 super that crossed my path.

AnthonyB
September 15, 2004, 08:07 PM
Fellas, thanks for the input. I couldn't pass them up at the price, and your experiences are making me feel even better about them. Tony

gggman
September 16, 2004, 07:50 AM
I've had my Combat Target for 6 years, and I love it. It's reliable, accurate, and beautiful. What more could you ask for?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/gggman/Guns/Colt_Combat_Target.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Colt Combat Target?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!