Good Rifle/Pistolsmith in Indiana?

PDA

YodaVader
February 21, 2003, 02:14 PM
What I want performed should be pretty simple and straightforward for a competent smith. I have a 10" TC Contender barrel that I want to cut to 6.5" and of course will need to be recrowned and refinished at the muzzle.

If anyone can recommned a shop that can perform the work l would appreciate it!

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Rifle/Pistolsmith in Indiana?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
warrior23
February 21, 2003, 02:24 PM
Try Jeff Hicks from Hicks designs. he goes by Celt at sniperhide forums and snipers paradise,He is rated as one of the top rifle smiths in the country and he also does work on handguns.I had a few rifles worked by him and he did excellent work and quick turn around.

El Tejon
February 21, 2003, 05:04 PM
Yoda, I'm having Mr. Hicks do a couple of rifles for me. I like his stuff.

Jeff Hicks
9540 West San Peirre Road
San Pierre, Indiana 46374
(219) 828-3655

The shop is in Wheatfield where Hayzeus left his zapatos. Give him a call and tell him Kirk says to kill the rest of the cats before he comes back to pick up his guns.:)

YodaVader
February 21, 2003, 09:29 PM
Thanks warrior23 and El Tejon - I may give Jeff a call sometime , I'll mention the cats!

tlhelmer
February 22, 2003, 05:24 PM
In southern Indiana Brian Cosby in Boonville, Indiana is the man.

Ryder
February 23, 2003, 04:45 AM
Got a 1911 trigger job done here. No complaints. Griffith is NW Indiana.

Gutridge Gunsmithing
Jack and Eric Gutridge
144 South Broad St, Griffith, IN, 46319
219 922 1711

techmike
February 23, 2003, 08:45 AM
I'll second that!

Wil Terry
February 23, 2003, 11:59 AM
This man does outstanding work. What is even more interesting to me is he owns and runs the gunsmithing business started by his great-great granddaddy in 1858. Talk about a family business!!!
{ I may be off a year or two in that date but the business does pre-date the civil war ]

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Rifle/Pistolsmith in Indiana?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!