Tapco Has Ar-15 Mags For $11.99!!!!!!

PDA

cookhj
September 13, 2004, 09:12 PM
JUST WHAT THE TITLE SAYS! TAPCO HAS AR MAGS FOR $11.99! I JUST ORDERED 7 OF THEM!! WOOHOO!

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG0999&back=yes

If you enjoyed reading about "Tapco Has Ar-15 Mags For $11.99!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nico
September 13, 2004, 09:15 PM
wth!? Why no shipment to maryland?

jason10mm
September 13, 2004, 09:17 PM
Hold on, man. Who makes those mags? Just 'cause they say "LEO/GOV ONLY" doesn't mean they work! If USA mags is back in buisness then you have to be REAL carefull! But then, at $12 a pop, why not give them a try?

Personally, I'm sticking to USGI mags.

Same warning goes for their M14 mags. WHO MAKES THEM!!!

admar2
September 13, 2004, 09:29 PM
nice price, but I'd definitely be wary of who the manufacturer is.

send tapco a email and ask I guess.

Dave Markowitz
September 13, 2004, 09:55 PM
I just ordered 5. I'll let y'all know what they are when they arrive.

Harry Tuttle
September 13, 2004, 10:00 PM
Maryland is still under a 20 round magazine capacity limit

10 Ring Tao
September 13, 2004, 10:01 PM
wth!? Why no shipment to maryland?

If I remember right, maryand has banned any magazine over 15 rounds.

Agrippa
September 13, 2004, 10:14 PM
Center Industries might be the maker of these mags.

cookhj
September 13, 2004, 10:42 PM
the mags are made by D&H

Chris Rhines
September 13, 2004, 10:43 PM
It is illegal to purchase or transfer a magazine over 20 rounds capacity in Maryland. Posession is perfectly legal.

- Chris

10 Ring Tao
September 13, 2004, 10:49 PM
It is illegal to purchase or transfer a magazine over 20 rounds capacity in Maryland. Posession is perfectly legal.

If possession is legal, that means one could buy a mag in a neighboring state and bring it back?

nico
September 13, 2004, 11:21 PM
Ditto what 10 Ring Tao said. I don't have any guns that could use a >15 round magazine (yet) but it'd be nice to look.

BryanP
September 13, 2004, 11:22 PM
the mags are made by D&H

D&H? Whodat?

WhoKnowsWho
September 13, 2004, 11:32 PM
D&H? Whodat?

Yeah, that's what I said... :)

USGI mags were this cheap at the shows anyway, no rush for an unknown maker.

admar2
September 13, 2004, 11:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said.

BryanP
September 14, 2004, 08:10 AM
According to what I'm finding both here and in posts over at AR15.com it would appear that D&H is the current name for LaBelle. If so these should be good mags.

Kharn
September 14, 2004, 08:49 AM
10 Ring Tao:
If possession is legal, that means one could buy a mag in a neighboring state and bring it back?
Thats what the State Police tells people to do. :)

Kharn

WhoKnowsWho
September 14, 2004, 09:42 AM
over at AR15.com it would appear that D&H is the current name for LaBelle.

Hmm... sounds good!

OF
September 14, 2004, 10:26 AM
Anyone know what the deal is with CA and magazines? They won't ship there, but possession is legal, right? What about accepting shipment of mags from a private party?

- Gabe

BryanP
September 14, 2004, 10:58 AM
Nope. CA has their own special rules. If you don't already own a magazine with greater than 10 round capacity you cannot legally acquire one. If you do own it you can't sell it to anyone else in CA.

Kevlarman
September 14, 2004, 12:05 PM
If you don't already own a magazine with greater than 10 round capacity you cannot legally acquire one. If you do own it you can't sell it to anyone else in CA.

How about if you give them away as a gift? :D

cookhj
September 14, 2004, 05:21 PM
got an e-mail today that they're back ordered for a few weeks due to high demand.

BryanP
September 14, 2004, 08:08 PM
I just saw this posted over at AR15.com -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=201034

Guys,

My name is Bill Barrett. I am the Ops Manager at TAPCO. I want to give you the proper info on the LEO mags.

They are D&H manufactured like you mentioned. The former company was Labelle. They are brand new, grey teflon mags with a green follower. They are marked Law Enforcement, Military Only. They don't come wrapped to us, they are packed 100 per case with divider panels in the case. We sold so many on Monday we have to wait for our next shipments to fill all of the orders. Everyone that orders will receive new 30 rd mags. No credit cards will be charged until the orders are ready to ship, so if you backorder, it may be two weeks before shipping, however, you won't be charged until then.

As far as confusion on the part of our team, we are getting HAMMERED with requests for information and clarification, so please understand that many things have happened since midnight Sunday. We appreciate your patience and your business. If I can be of further help, email me at bill@tapco.com. We also carry a 30 day return policy if you are not completely satisfied.

Respectfully,
Bill

September 14, 2004, 09:24 PM
If I hadn't already bought 60 AR15 magazines DURING the ban ...................

madkiwi
September 14, 2004, 10:55 PM
GRD

BryanP is (unfortunately) correct.

However, you can buy parts to repair the ones you already own.

I'm not advocating any law breaking, but you can see the possibilities. But no dealer will send you complete mags, I promise you that.

madkiwi

Sam Adams
September 15, 2004, 02:33 PM
Has anyone gotten any of these mags? If so, are they the quality product that Tapco claims?

cookhj
September 21, 2004, 03:59 PM
got my mags in yesterday. they look brand spankin' new, just not individually wrapped. will test them out as soon as i finish building my new AR.

Das Pferd
September 21, 2004, 04:30 PM
How about if you give them away as a gift?

Nope not even a guft. Your kids cant even inherit them. Same with evil black rifles already owned in Ca. Once the owner dies, the firearm must be sold out of state, turned in, or destroyed.

Rockstar
September 21, 2004, 11:01 PM
Since mags don't have serial numbers, how is the mag ban enforced in **********?

mrapathy2000
September 22, 2004, 01:54 AM
number of magazines do have serial numbers and some even have dates. not the preban mags mind you but the leo/mil banned mags. no ban mags are supposed to get away from this supposedly and go back to no markings other than mnfcrr.

jason10mm
September 22, 2004, 09:19 AM
I just got an e-mail from Tapco. apparently they are so overwhelmed with orders that they anticipate a backlog till DECEMBER!! They have stopped taking orders as well. I put in for 6 of them, but since I have so many other mags I'm in no hurry. I do want my CETME bayonet lug though!!

Dave Markowitz
September 22, 2004, 04:23 PM
My D&H mags arrived on Monday. They were not in plastic wrappers but they look new. Aside from the markings, they look identical to the LaBelle's I got a couple of months ago from CDNN.

admar2
September 22, 2004, 09:17 PM
got the same email, saying december at the latest.

I've got plenty of mags in the meantime, so no biggie.

kevin993
September 23, 2004, 01:14 AM
If I had an AR I would definitely be buying some of these. :D Heck maybe I'll stock up anyway.

kevin993
September 23, 2004, 01:16 AM
If I had an AR I would definitely be buying some of these. :D Heck maybe I'll stock up anyway.

KpEng16
October 1, 2004, 09:22 AM
I also received the email saying that shipping would be some time in december but I got home and I had a package in the mail, I was very suprised to see that it came from Tapco. The mags look brand spankin new! I am in the process of building my AR so I cant see how they work since I dont have an upper yet.

ckyllo
October 1, 2004, 10:10 AM
I got mine too from tapco. no kidding on them being brand new the date stamp had 09/04 on it. loaded a mag and it worked great just like I figured from LaBelle or what ever they call them selmselves now. was glad I didnt have to wait till christmas to get them either.

jason10mm
October 1, 2004, 03:26 PM
Mine just came in as well. LNIB, all dated 8/04 or later. Wish I had bought 10 or 15 more! I got my bayonet lug for my CETME as well :D

admar2
October 1, 2004, 04:41 PM
ckyllo and jason,

just wondering, on what day did you guys place your orders?

just so I have an idea of where I stand in line.

jason10mm
October 1, 2004, 04:45 PM
My order was placed a few days after the sunset.

ckyllo
October 1, 2004, 07:08 PM
found the email reciept Sept 14, 3:30 pm centeral time.

mrapathy2000
October 1, 2004, 08:48 PM
anybody know where to buy USGI newly mfg mags for around $10?

Domino
October 2, 2004, 12:22 AM
anybody know where to buy USGI newly mfg mags for around $10?
Nope, but I just recieved my brand new Bushmaster mags today. I bought 3 30 ($19.95 each) rounders and 2 20 ($24.95 each) rounders, all of them marked LEO. Gonna test them this weekend but they seem to be of great quality with a tought teflon coating (perfect fit!) . I bought some Royal Ordinance mags a couple of months ago, the finish and fit wasn't good but after some paint and some refitting they have worked without a hikkup. I would be careful of super cheap AR mags, even though AR mags are basically "throw away" mags I would rather pay the little bit of extra cash for something reliable and tough.

mrapathy2000
October 2, 2004, 12:44 AM
yeah I avoid the crap mags. I only go with USGI,ROyal Ordnance/British SA80 mags. got some orlites. stuff like western,USA,Promag. no thanks.

seems like their is no great built up supply guessing due to the war in progress.

ckyllo
October 2, 2004, 10:24 AM
USED • Israeli Orlite Magazines for 7.99
orlite are not bad, just dont leave them loaded for and extended amount of time. I use them for range mags mainly. if you have a bushmaster they might have a fitting problem. if it does, file off a small amount of the ridge that seals the mag to the magwell. the fitting problem is with the older mags and newer ones normally work fine.

http://cdnninvestments.com/ar22330isorm2.html

I have seen them cheaper on gunbroker auctions.

you can never go wrong with USGI as a rule of thumb.

cdnn also has followers and springs for $.89 each to keep old mags working good. shipping is 9.99 no matter how big the order is so make it worth while.

El Rojo
October 2, 2004, 12:25 PM
Yes, PRK residents are screwed. You cannot buy, import, or sell magazines with over a 10 round capacity in this state.

I wish I was as good at predicting the stock market as I am at predicting gun bans. You see I bought 6 USGI M14 mags back in 1985, knowing that one day I might have an M1A and the mags would be banned. Sure enough, I bought a M1A and I suddenly needed the mags. Well, I searched and searched for them. I never did find them. That is, never did find them until after a vacation. I had gone back to Vegas to see a friend and when I returned, I found my box of M14 mags in the trunk of my car as I was unpacking! Oh what a joyous day!

Do you remember when you bought those rifle mags back in 1985? Do you remember where you left them? I find vacations to Vegas seem to be the best way to jog my memory.

dave3006
October 2, 2004, 12:27 PM
El Rojo, you are an inspiration to those stuck behind the Kali Curtain. It would not be right to break the law. However, we just need to improve our memories.

ckyllo
October 4, 2004, 09:15 AM
update:

tapco is taking more back orders on these mags at $11.99. the bad news is that the shipment wont be in till january :( this is another batch and people that ordered the first time around will get theirs sooner. those are gonna be my late christmas present to myself

If you enjoyed reading about "Tapco Has Ar-15 Mags For $11.99!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!