Let's take control of the gun ban terminology !!!

PDA

SunBear
September 13, 2004, 09:22 PM
Let's take control of the rhetoric about this subject and correct ALL of those who slander our "HOMELAND SECURITY WEAPONS" by calling them assault weapons. Something like this:

I'm glad to see the ban on our Homeland Security Weapons has finally been repealed and I look forward to buying many more Homeland Security Weapons in the near future and many more Standard Capacity Counterterrorist Magazines to go with them!!!!! :neener: :evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Let's take control of the gun ban terminology !!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Man
September 13, 2004, 10:05 PM
Q. What's your stance on gun control?

A. I'm pro-choice.

Dionysusigma
September 13, 2004, 10:22 PM
I was thinking about this...

Pre 9/14/94: Pre-ban
9/14/94 to 9/14/04: Prohibition
Here on out: Post-ban

I prefer the term "Sport Utility Rifles." :)

Jim K
September 13, 2004, 10:33 PM
I like "Homeland Security Arms" and "Counter-terrorist weapons".

Let's do some Letters to the Editor using those terms and see if we can get something started. No long rants, just a simple statement that now that the unwise and useless ban on certain arms has been lifted, the American people can once again choose to own effective arms for their own defense.

(We both know the whole "ban" business was a joke, and that nothing was banned but cosmetic stuff that didn't matter, but if the public can fall for the anti-gun gang's definitions, maybe we can substitute ours.)

Jim

4v50 Gary
September 13, 2004, 10:35 PM
GPS - gas propulsion system. Applies to everything from smokepoles to full auto, motorcycles, automobiles, aeroplanes, boats, tanks, buses, and even the garbage truck. :)

BRONZ
September 13, 2004, 10:50 PM
Un-Bans

:)

spartacus2002
September 13, 2004, 10:52 PM
Homeland Defense Rifles is catchy, but Homeland sounds too much like "Fatherland" and that makes me nervous.

If you enjoyed reading about "Let's take control of the gun ban terminology !!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!