Good Gun Stores, Trip to SC

PDA

Big Daddy
September 13, 2004, 11:43 PM
I am going to a wedding in Hilton Head, SC this weekend and will be driving from MD to SC Saturday and back home on Monday. I'm not sure the exact route yet, but I was wondering if there are any really good, big, must see shops along the way and back?

In honor of the ban expiring I would like to get some hi-cap mags and maybe an evil rifle. Looking for AK47 & 74 mags specifically. Any along the way I should make the effort to see.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Gun Stores, Trip to SC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
corncob
September 14, 2004, 08:40 AM
As far as I know, there aren't any really good gun stores in SC. There's a pretty good one in Charleston called Charleston Rod and Gun or something, and another one the name of which I can't remember. There are three here in Columbia, but I wouldn't call any of them "really good." Shooter's Choice is probably the best. Have a good trip.

Ohen Cepel
September 14, 2004, 08:46 AM
Not sure the route you're taking.

Clark Brother's near Middleberg, VA has nice stuff, pricey though!

Then there is a pretty wild shop in N. Augusta SC. Not real big, can't remeber the name. However, they always had wild stuff!

Kharn
September 14, 2004, 10:36 AM
Its not a gun store, but you have to stop at South Of The Border just to observe and so you can say you've been there.

Kharn

Big Daddy
September 15, 2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Kharn, what is South of the Border?

corncob
September 15, 2004, 10:14 AM
If you do pass by South of the Border, don't slow down.

JohnBT
September 15, 2004, 10:23 AM
Green Top on U.S. 1 north of Richmond and south of Ashland. It's on the west side of the road and the sign on the big building says GUNS.

www.greentophuntfish.com

If I give you $300 on the way south will you stop at SOB on the way back and buy me some fireworks? :)

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Gun Stores, Trip to SC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!