It is now time to thank your representatives

PDA

oldfella
September 14, 2004, 12:44 PM
I sent this letter to my representatives, you are welsome to use it if you wish.

Pete (The Oldfella)

Dear……:

I applaud your courage and determination to stand firm and say NO to extending the gun ban. As has been said before in so many different ways, the gun ban did nothing to deter criminals from obtaining any kind of weapon that they wanted. In fact, it did little or nothing to lower the crime rate - it simply prevented responsible, law abiding citizens from obtaining those type weapons which in fact were/are NOT truly "assault" weapons.

I urge to continue to stand with gun owners, to uphold the Constitution, and to oppose all similar future efforts to degrade the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

If you enjoyed reading about "It is now time to thank your representatives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pilgrim
September 14, 2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the idea and copy of your letter. I intend to use it for my Congresscritter.

Pilgrim

Quantrill
September 14, 2004, 05:10 PM
Copied it word for word and sent it to the local Congressman although I suspect he had little to do with letting the ban expire. Quantrill

Daniel964
September 14, 2004, 05:39 PM
The only thing is my two Congress Skunks are anti gun.

oldfella
September 14, 2004, 06:10 PM
Daniel - One more reason to send them a thank-you note, to rub their nose in it

Wiley
September 14, 2004, 06:21 PM
Don't forget Sen. Frist (senate majority leader) and Rep. Hastert (house speaker). They set the tone.

4v50 Gary
September 15, 2004, 12:09 AM
My critters are Fineswine, Pelosi & Boxer. For them oppressing us is a way of life.

If you enjoyed reading about "It is now time to thank your representatives" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!