My new CMP 1903A3 is here....

PDA

Steve in PA
September 14, 2004, 07:12 PM
It arrived today around 9:30am, stuck inside a silver foil wrapper inside a prestine brown carboard box. FedEx really did a great job handling this one.

It was covered in grease and cosmo, but not as bad as I had imagined. I did a cursory wipe down with some mineral spirits and was really liking what I saw. I think I'm going to stick with the mineral spirits to thoroughly clean the entire rifle.

Here's what I have so far;

Remington 1903A3
Ser# 4,002,213
Bolt is marked with "2213"
Barrel is a Remington dated 9-43
Stock also has "2213" on the right side, with "RA" under the magazine cutoff. Also looks like "FJA" right next to it.
There is a square on the left side of the stock with "RIA" inside, with "EB" under the RIA.
Circle P near the rear trigger guard screw.

That's it for now until I clean it up a litle more.

Good job CMP

If you enjoyed reading about "My new CMP 1903A3 is here...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
critter
September 14, 2004, 07:29 PM
It should be a great gun and a fine shooter! It is almost assuredly a repatriated Greek lend-lease specimin.

If you enjoyed reading about "My new CMP 1903A3 is here...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!