Joining the NRA

PDA

Werewolf
September 14, 2004, 08:31 PM
I recently signed up to join the NRA using their online application.

How long does it take to process the app?

Most online stuff is almost immediate - but a week to process a membership app?

I sent them an e'mail asking why it's taking so long and have yet to get a response.

***?

If you enjoyed reading about "Joining the NRA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
morganm01
September 14, 2004, 08:56 PM
Don't know the details. A week is pretty quick considering a magazine subscription takes at least a month.

Be sure to join your local NRA council members chapter. It is juts a monthly meeting. No fee's.

Hawk
September 14, 2004, 09:35 PM
Took my original and my upgrade both about 2 weeks. The upgrade came with a nice goodie bag, so I wasn't complaining.

Valkman
September 15, 2004, 01:43 AM
I've had them take months to process my app back when I was a yearly member. Recently I upgraded to Patron Life Member and it was done pretty quickly - a few weeks.

P.S. - good for you for joining! :D

Piney
September 15, 2004, 05:59 AM
I joined two months ago and just got my ID card. I paid with my AMEX and they didn't charge it till they issued the card though.

JohnBT
September 15, 2004, 08:32 AM
What's the hurry? You've waited this long. :neener:

:D

John

straightShot
September 15, 2004, 10:22 AM
I've been told by people who've gone through our website that it's usually a few weeks or so, and everything is completed.

You can dial 1-800-672-3888 to get into the system and check on your membership status. You may also choose to call this number to stop the reception of mailings asking for donations, if you'd like.

Shoot straight.

Bainx
September 15, 2004, 11:58 AM
Buy a Taurus handgun and get an NRA membership/renewal free.
Yet another reason to buy another gun!:D

Gunrunner
September 15, 2004, 12:10 PM
When I recently upgraded from regular to life membership it took about 3 weeks for the new card and info to come in the mail. Glad you joined up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Joining the NRA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!