Bipods - Rock Mounts or Square

PDA

Dave Bean
September 15, 2004, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have any experience with "Rock Mount" bipods. I've been seeing them in all stores. And yet....Harris bipods are harder to find. What's going on here !?!?!?

There's another company, Square B or Square D.....I don't remember. What are those like???

thanx

Dave Bean

If you enjoyed reading about "Bipods - Rock Mounts or Square" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gunrunner
September 15, 2004, 10:06 PM
I've only used the Harris and think they're first rate. I think that other company your speaking of it B Square.

possenti
September 15, 2004, 10:53 PM
My friend bought a "Shooter's Ridge" Rock Mount at Wal-Mart. At first, I thought it was a cheap knock-off of the Harris - until I compared it side-by-side with mine.

They appear to be the same, exact bipod. The stamped parts look to be formed from the same die. The springs, screws and rubber feet are identical. The only difference is the Rock Mount tightens to the swivel stud with a knurled knob, whereas my Harris has a sloted head for a screwdriver, or a quarter will work in a pinch.

Not sure where my Harris was made, but the RM is from China. I assume the patent ran out on the Harris design, or they sold the rights to Shooter's Ridge. I've been wondering about that myself...

Anyway, the Rock Mount is 40 bucks, compared to 75 that I paid for my Harris 4 years ago. If I get another bipod, I'm goin' to Wally-World.

Not too familiar with B-Square bipods, but I love my Harris. The looks and design of it are what sold me over the B-Square.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bipods - Rock Mounts or Square" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!