Glock mag base plate replacement

PDA

SpookyPistolero
September 16, 2004, 03:48 PM
Hello all

A while back I added pearce +1 grip extensions to two glock 33 mags and I have completely forgotten how I got the base plate off. The parts that are giving me grief are the two tabs off of the body that lock into the base plate. Does anyone know how to squeeze the body enough to push them in? Ive gone as far as using vise grips (wrapped in cloth) but it only feels like I am about to crack the body. Any thoughts are very welcome and appreciated! Take care and watch your six.

-Spooky

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock mag base plate replacement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grump
September 16, 2004, 04:39 PM
I know it's kinda counterintuitive, but you just use the rod in the baseplate to force the thing off the mag tube.

First time, I compressed the tabs with a butter knife. Trust me, it's easier to just force it off by pressing on the baseplate. [Mr. Miagi:] Snap-on, Snap-off! [Mr. Miagi off].

SpookyPistolero
September 16, 2004, 05:47 PM
Well, with a little sweat and a kitchen knife (and yes, some blood too) I got the darn thing off. I had to use the floor for a third hand and what I think was some kind of advanced yoga position. I'm a little mad at myself for leaving some scars on my brand new mag, but I guess IDPA would have done that anyway.
Thanks for the help!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock mag base plate replacement" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!