People [i]pay[/i] to hear Michael Moore?!?!

PDA

jnojr
September 16, 2004, 07:14 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20040916-9999-2m16moore.html

I had to fire off an email asking them what the hell they're thinking, paying money to hear a liar and fake. No doubt, these college kids who've never worked a day in their life are still pumped full of liberal hogwash, and will doubtless vilify me. I'll post any response I get.

If you enjoyed reading about "People [i]pay[/i] to hear Michael Moore?!?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
September 16, 2004, 07:55 PM
Some people are masochists. Some masochists have money to squander.

Skunkabilly
September 16, 2004, 07:58 PM
Or their parents' money.

jnojr
September 17, 2004, 02:11 PM
"Young skulls full of mush"

thefitzvh
September 17, 2004, 09:10 PM
That's my school... I'll be there with signs. Anyone want to come protest?

James

Old Dog
September 17, 2004, 11:45 PM
Hasn't anybody noticed that an actual state university president made a good decision?

This in itself is noteworthy, and not what I'd expect from any administrator or faculty member in the UC system (I have a daughter in a UC school) ... now, whether the moron students who want him to come can work it out is another issue, but at least the U. pres made a good call for the right reason!

Hkmp5sd
September 18, 2004, 12:01 AM
Why not? People pay to hear bill clinton, al gore, jesse jackson, john kerry, sarah brady, al sharpton, dan rather and a host of other documented liars. Isn't there some quote about a fool and his money....

Justin
September 18, 2004, 02:57 AM
As an avowed and open Marxist, I fully expect that Mr. Moore will be handing that money out to those less fortunate than himself.

From each according to his work to each according to his needs.

Right?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

:rolleyes:

Stebalo
September 18, 2004, 03:44 AM
College speakers are usually paid big money out of student activity fees. However, the student body has no say in who is brought in. Generally it is a small, liberal, elite group that gets to pick the speakers.

This is a very REAL phenomenaly I experienced in college 15 years ago. There is a documentary on this very issue done by Evan Coyne Maloney called Brainwashing 101. It's a big file 80MB download, but well worth it.

You've heard about the liberal bias on campus but you did not know it was this bad. Colleges are trying to ruin the lives and careers of conservative students just to silence them.

Do yourself a favor, and watch the video:

http://academicbias.com/bw101.html

If you enjoyed reading about "People [i]pay[/i] to hear Michael Moore?!?!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!