No auto logon

PDA

shep854
September 16, 2004, 09:08 PM
Recently, while trying to eliminate spyware, I deleted my cookies. Since then, I have to manually log onto THR each time I turn on my computer. I don't have this problem with other boards; I'm logged on automatically when I click onto the forum.

Whazzup?

If you enjoyed reading about "No auto logon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
garrettwc
September 16, 2004, 11:04 PM
Couple of things to check:

1. When you log into THR, make sure the little box below your login that says remember me is checked.

2. Check your browser settings to make sure it is not blocking cookies.

3. Check the settings on your spyware cleanup program to see if it is set to automatically delete your THR cookie.

shep854
September 21, 2004, 06:31 PM
Power was of a few days, no thanks to Ivan.

When I clicked onto THR today, I was automatically logged on (thankfully). I suppose the glitch fixed itself.

BTW, my screen doesn't have a "Remember me?" box. It just says "welcome back, Shep854" Good enough for me.

garrettwc
September 21, 2004, 10:20 PM
BTW, my screen doesn't have a "Remember me?" box. It just says "welcome back, Shep854" Good enough for me.

You will only see that checkbox at the bottom of the screen if you have deleted all your cookies or login manually every time.

At any rate, glad you got it working.

If you enjoyed reading about "No auto logon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!