What's wrong with this picture? #2

PDA

PMDW
September 16, 2004, 09:50 PM
Ok, I found this picture an hour or so ago, let's see how long it takes everyone to figure out what is wrong in this picture.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's wrong with this picture? #2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Third_Rail
September 16, 2004, 09:52 PM
Mag in backwards? Top cover missing? Bolt out?

PMDW
September 16, 2004, 09:54 PM
Well, that didn't take long. I guess I should of tried to find a harder picture.

It was the magazine, by the way.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
September 16, 2004, 09:59 PM
uh-huh. Rusty mag, too.

I miss my UZI. Maybe I'll buy another one now.

Regards,
Rabbit.

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 10:06 PM
PMDW ... yep - wasn't too hard to spot!:)

Try this one seeing as we are ''spot the deliberate mistake mode'':p

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/bhp_s-error1.jpg

Third_Rail
September 16, 2004, 10:15 PM
Wow, I never get these. :D

Man, that was easy. Post more! :D :D

WhiteKnight
September 16, 2004, 10:15 PM
You ought to get rid of that nickel-plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock?

:neener:

anapex
September 16, 2004, 10:23 PM
Those bullets don't look seated the whole way to me Chris, either that or it's a totally different round then what I'm expecting out of a BHP.

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 10:24 PM
nickel-plated sissy pistol Bwahaha ... yeah? And change it for Tupperware?!! :neener:

Mind you, my P series auto's are polymer so better STFU! But at least they have normal triggers.!:p :D

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 10:25 PM
Hi Brady ... nope, it ain't an ammo thing ... just the gun. That's straight Gold Dot sittin there.:)

Darkmind
September 16, 2004, 10:27 PM
Its loaded and off safe?:confused:

BHPshooter
September 16, 2004, 10:30 PM
Holy crap, Chris, that's a tough one. I still can't figure it out, but I'll keep trying...

Wes

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 10:31 PM
Its loaded and off safe? Nope ... it's something that can be detected thru visual inspection... not a ''hidden'' deal.

I mean - it could be in condition 2 but it ain't!:)

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 10:32 PM
Use FEG Wes .. and do a compare .... :)

strambo
September 16, 2004, 10:48 PM
The fixed MKIII rear sight doesn't match (didn't come standard with) the front ramped one?

I got my MKIII on my desk in front of me and can't see anything else...nice HP though!

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 10:52 PM
Strambo - observant ... but not what I had in mind. The sights in fact are as I had them when I aquired the piece .. which was from a THR member some time ago.

It is (small clue) .. quite subtle. :)

ceetee
September 16, 2004, 11:05 PM
Ummmm...... Maybe it's just me, but how do you sweep the safety off with no cutout on the grip panel?

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
September 16, 2004, 11:12 PM
BHP slide, CZ75 type frame. Check the slide rails. Internal rails on the frame. Izzat it?

Regards,
Rabbit.

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 11:12 PM
ceetee .. that pic shows safety off .... there is a very small relief in upper rear portion of right grip panel .... but it is no more than a small chunk missing . a corner if you will. far from obvious.

In normal use the safety is easily swept off safe... no probs.

P95Carry
September 16, 2004, 11:36 PM
Sylvilagus - nope ... slide and frame ... all original and matching Browning parts! Only specials are the grip panels.

BHPshooter
September 17, 2004, 12:02 AM
AHA!!!! Okay Chris, I know what it is... absolutely positive. I won't spoil it until I get the go-ahead from you, though. ;)

VERY tricky, Chris! :D

Wes

The_Antibubba
September 17, 2004, 01:21 AM
The safety is on the right side of the gun, and I don't think the BHPs are ambi.

natedog
September 17, 2004, 01:46 AM
Nope, all MKIIIs are ambidextrious.

Andrew Wyatt
September 17, 2004, 01:51 AM
Wow, that was tricky, Chris.

DWS1117
September 17, 2004, 01:52 AM
That BHP is .40 and the cartriges are 9mm? The hole in the muzzle looks too large for 9mm. Maybe it is just the angle.

Kenneth Lew
September 17, 2004, 04:02 AM
What kind of Uzi is that? Not IMI or Vectors I assume by the rear sight.

P95Carry
September 17, 2004, 11:50 AM
Not a caliber thing no ------ and yeah the ambi is normal.

So - Wes and Andrew have it it would seem . I said it was subtle ..... so here ya go .... :p. Upper right shows what it should be - one wee lil' roll pin!!

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/bhp_s-error1-soln.jpg

:) :)

chevrofreak
September 18, 2004, 04:42 PM
I see a second thing, those Gold Dots appear to have a brass jacket :confused:

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 09:11 PM
Chevro - IIRC those were Golden Sabre!

Here's another pic .. to spot the error. I daresay Horge will get this real quick if he sees it!

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/bersa_02-error_s.jpg

anapex
September 18, 2004, 09:21 PM
All I gotta say is that was some dang nice photoshop work Chris :P

Andrew Wyatt
September 18, 2004, 09:24 PM
them .380 rounds look funny

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 09:25 PM
Why thank you Sir!!:) Actually - simple compared to some trickery I have tried! Fun eh?

Best

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 09:30 PM
them .380 rounds look funny On closer inspecial Andrew yes they do .. not sure why. They are in fact DAG - AB .. bought as a bulk cheapie lot ages ago ... they are IIRC a 90 grain or so JHP - oops, edit - sorry JSP!. They shoot Ok for accuracy but feed reliablity is not 100%.

The front round on left does indeed look real wierd ..... I must check my hi-res version and see if that's same.

Edit to add ...............

Here is a cu from hi-res ... it's the soft point doing that on the reduced version ... this makes it clearer I think.

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/bersa_02-ammo-cu-s.jpg

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 09:50 PM
Haha .. on a roll now!! OK here's another for you ... P3-AT .... small ''problem'' ... sniff it out. :p

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/p3at-error-s.jpg

Ringer
September 18, 2004, 10:18 PM
Wow, I actually know this one :D

Seems as though you have a case of a wandering Frame Pin.

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 10:27 PM
wandering Frame Pin. Correctamundo - you win today's special prize of one of last week's creme filled donuts! :D

I guess anyone doing a ''view and compare'' could spot that easily. Good observation.

Still waiting re the Bersa Thunder error pic!

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/p3at-error-soln--s.jpg

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 10:35 PM
Hehe .. this is fun! :p

One more for now - and this is subtle .. very subtle, I warn you. Tho someone will probably get it.

Take a look at my Mak .... anything wrong/different?

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/mak-error-s.jpg

PMDW
September 18, 2004, 11:33 PM
What kind of Uzi is that? Not IMI or Vectors I assume by the rear sight.

It's not a real one. It's a Japanese blank firing gun.

Luckyorwhat
September 19, 2004, 02:44 AM
edit- just got it.

horge
September 19, 2004, 04:18 AM
Bersa Thunder 380:
Where's the trigger pin?
Besides it's a duo-tone.
Real pimps carry nickel ...damn wannabes.
(hear that Chris? Ken? Stephen?)
:neener:

Pistolet Makarova]:
The grips look nice, but,
just how many slide serrations/millings are there?
(Hey -I'm not a Makarovnik, okay?)

KelTec:
It ain't a Bersa. :D
Yeah, yeah, Ringer already pointed out the pin, but...
I just wanted to get in a shot at Jerry.
:neener: :neener: :neener:

Well, Chris?

Hoploholic
September 19, 2004, 10:30 AM
The Mak looks like it had a commanders style hammer that had the hole filled in.

P95Carry
September 19, 2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Horge! haha ... wondered if you'd mosey on by! :)

Of course ....... it is ''sans'' trigger pin .. not too tricky really for a Bersaphile like your good self! The slide serration milling on the Mak is std ... tho yeah - that could be a good ''trick'' !!

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/bersa_02-error-soln-s.jpg

Hoploholic .......... the Mak hammer is standard ... but that one in the pic is a Russian - forget whether pure Bulgy the same or not. The error in that pic is actually almost sneaky :p ..... and it might take a Mak owner doing a careful compare to spot it. We'll see for a bit longer then I'll post the solution pic.

Ringer
September 19, 2004, 08:01 PM
Hmmm, is it my eyes or is that Mak longer than it is tall?

P95Carry
September 19, 2004, 08:05 PM
Ringer .. haha! Didn't quite ''look right'' eh?! :p

Ok, I'm gonna send you the other last week's creme filled donut. Here is the solution pic .. even so you gotta look hard cos - it was only ''lengthened'' a shade!

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/mak-error-soln--s.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm ....... now to see what else I can dream up!! :evil:

lee n. field
September 21, 2004, 11:32 AM
Pistolet Makarova:
The grips look nice, but,
just how many slide serrations/millings are there?

Slide serration pattern can vary, actually. I've got 2 Bulgarian maks, made (IIRC) a couple years apart, with different serrations.

Bart Noir
September 21, 2004, 02:26 PM
Sure doesn't look right next to Mak 9x18 ammo!

Bart Noir
Hey gang, this is swell fun!

Darkmind
September 21, 2004, 02:33 PM
This is kind of fun, even though i cant seem to come up with any of the answers.

P95Carry
September 21, 2004, 02:58 PM
Sure doesn't look right next to Mak 9x18 ammo! Hey Bart ... that P-3AT ammo is 9 x 17 ... Russian Brown Bear .380 FMJ!!:neener:

P95Carry
September 21, 2004, 03:11 PM
Here is another to tease you. THREE things, all small, are wrong here. See what you make of it :p

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/sp-101-error-s.jpg

keeperofthehills
September 21, 2004, 03:16 PM
found a mis-placed timing slot... but thats about it

P95Carry
September 21, 2004, 03:25 PM
Nope ... the timing slots are normal Keeper .. as per Ruger ... offset from cyl' wall thinnest point.

Ringer
September 21, 2004, 09:03 PM
Well seeing as how the SP101 (including the CTC grips wifey got me for my birthday) is my current carry gun I better get this one. Only difference is mine has the bobbed hammer.

I see'm but I ain't sayin :neener:

P95Carry
September 21, 2004, 10:36 PM
Haha ... well Ringer - if you have exact same piece and CT's ... should be a breeze ... or already is I take it?

Hmmm . OK ... let's let the others stew a while - then I'll post the solution pic. Fun eh?!:evil: :D

Bart Noir
September 22, 2004, 11:34 AM
Is that a S&W emblem on the frame????
And the bolt should not be up into the slot when the hammer is down and trigger released.

Bart Noir
Can't find Error number 3.

P95Carry
September 22, 2004, 02:05 PM
Bart .. the logo is a bit indistinct cos the pic is so reduced ... here it is larger and you'll see it is the Ruger logo.

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/img_assd/ruger-logo.jpg

Re cyl bolt .... hmmm ... not sure what Ruger revo you have been using!!:p Just dry fired this one to be absolutely sure .. but the bolt is engaged . well, has to be ..... as hammer falls and trigger released ... that sucker is right in the slot .. thankfully!:)

horge
September 22, 2004, 08:23 PM
Uhmm....

Missing front sight pin? (Maybe it's just glare, though...)
Missing hammerpin-head?

and...oh, oh!! Wait!! I got it!
It's posted in the Rifle Forum!
:D :D :D

P95Carry
September 22, 2004, 10:41 PM
Shucks Horge .. rifle forum . you're right. Sheesh - never even latched on to that - sorry folks!! :rolleyes: :p

One right Horge .. indeed, from sight pin missing. The hammer tho has no visible external pin.

The other two errors are re the CT grips ... there was no side adjustment access hole for laser assy (horizontal setting) and ..... there was no switch in the front of the grip - the one that is normally pressed on by middle finger!

Here is solution pic .......

http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/thr/cb_gun2/sp-101-error-soln--s.jpg

P95Carry
September 22, 2004, 10:49 PM
Sorry - wierd happenings tonight!!

WOW! ... I never realized! I tried over a longish time to get this post to ''take'' .... tried keeping a copy and then going back to hit ''reply'' again . and resubmit, and so on .. but the message box just sat there .. it didn't even show as hooking up to server and no obvious data transfer either.

Something somehow must have been caching each submission unbeknown to me.

Sorry mods . quite unintentional .. irritating all round. perhaps you'd clean up after me when you have a minute ... sorry I can't delete and do it for you.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's wrong with this picture? #2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!