From DSA about an AUG clone

PDA

The Grand Inquisitor
September 16, 2004, 10:22 PM
I recently emailed DSA about the rumors about them producing a US made AUG/USR clone, and after an email begging them to do so so that I may own an AUG without selling my soul I recieved this message, "Sorry, but there are no plans in the works right now for an AUG.".

Well, that sucks, but I asked about the potential for ANY NEW rifles coming to this country in an affordable and to that I didn't get an answer; meaning perhaps there is something potentially coming, or, I hope not, we are stuck with clone after clone of Eugene Stoner style sameness.

If you enjoyed reading about "From DSA about an AUG clone" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Number 6
September 17, 2004, 04:44 AM
While I think it would be very cool for DSA to produce a clone of the Steyr Aug, I think their perspective was that there was just not enough demand for the rifle. That being said there are other .223/5.56 rifles out or in the works that can be had. Refer to the recent thread about the FNC; Ohio Rapid Fire seems to be starting production of new FNC rifles. Also I believe DSA has plans on making a .223/5.56 version of the FN FAL. So we are not left with just Stoners rifles. While they are not as unique as the Aug they still have a different flavor than the Stoner rifles.

If you enjoyed reading about "From DSA about an AUG clone" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!