Flash supressor for M17S?

PDA

Black Snowman
September 17, 2004, 12:03 PM
I have an M17S and since the barrel is already threaded and all I'd like to replace my locking nuts with a pretty flash supressor. Not sure what the thead pitch is but I know it's a standard RH thread.

Anyone know if someone carries one for this little beast?

If you enjoyed reading about "Flash supressor for M17S?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Southern Raider
September 17, 2004, 12:58 PM
The barrel is threaded 1/2"-28, which is the same as the AR15.

One minor point: the pre-ban M17 had a slightly longer threaded area to accomodate one of the lock nuts and the flash hider. This allows the flash hider to be removed without affecting the tension on the barrel assembly, which was retained by the sole locknut. Removing the muzzle device is the first step to dissassembling the upper receiver.

If you don't care, simply replace the nuts with an AR15 flash hider, use a bit of LocTite and torque.

Black Snowman
September 17, 2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks a ton SR, just the info I was looking for.

Mine has some extra threaded area that's under the spacer, to get extra threads all I'd have to do is shorten the spacer slightly. Have to be careful not to take off too much, I'm sure there's a buffer there for a reason ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Flash supressor for M17S?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!