Olympic 5.56 ammo?

PDA

ROTTO
September 17, 2004, 12:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has used Olympic ammo from Greece in their AR and how does it perform?

If you enjoyed reading about "Olympic 5.56 ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kbellis3
September 17, 2004, 05:47 PM
Olympic Ammo is made in Greece and from my experience with the 9mm ammo they make it is suitable for range time, especially when one ius practicing clearance drills. I am told that the 9mm ammo has hard primers probably suitable for sub-machine guns. My glock was able to fire most of them with but there where numerous primer strikes that failed to detonate the primer. I had never had this problem with my Glock with the numerous domestic and +P rounds that I had fired, nor have I run into any problems since.

Now I did not purchase any .223 ammo from Olypic, maybe I got a bad batch I would not trust my life to this ammo, plinking would be about it.

Kyle

Bartholomew Roberts
September 17, 2004, 06:16 PM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=201684

Blackcloud6
September 17, 2004, 06:35 PM
I've shot up a 1000 rd case of the Olympic 55 gr. stuff. It functioned well but was not consistent on accuracy. Plinker stuff mostly.

I'm now reloading the cases. I've found the cases to have offset flashholes on some. A few had splits on the mouth after the first firing and i think this has to do with the kind of crimp they use.

ROTTO
September 19, 2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback and the link. Guess I will cough up the extra money and buy Federal or Winchester.

If you enjoyed reading about "Olympic 5.56 ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!