Question on CA .50 BMG registration

PDA

Drjones
September 17, 2004, 01:39 PM
I'm going to buy a .50 BMG of some sort before the end of the year to beat the new ban.

Obviously, all guns are registered by default in CA.

Question: Will I be expected to fill out a separate, specific "registration" form for my .50 BMG?

If so, they are going to get back the form NOT filled out and riddled with a few .50 BMG holes.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on CA .50 BMG registration" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Librarian
September 17, 2004, 03:05 PM
Yes, just like every other California 'assault weapon'. Registration due before 30 April, 2006.

Ewok
September 17, 2004, 03:55 PM
all guns are registered by default in CA

Only handguns are registered upon purchase. If you buy a long gun now that is banned in the future, they shouldn't have any way of knowing that you bought it.

Drjones
September 17, 2004, 04:48 PM
So there is a separate, specific registration form for .50 BMGs???

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

deej
September 17, 2004, 05:30 PM
There will be a separate form, or they might reuse the SB23 registration form. Name, address, firearm information, thumbprint.

Drjones
September 17, 2004, 05:35 PM
Do .50 BMG "thumbprints" (bullet holes) count?

They had better, because that is all they are getting from this .50 owner!!!!!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on CA .50 BMG registration" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!