Gotta love the LA Slimes, err Times...

PDA

Ieyasu
September 17, 2004, 07:22 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-me-cap16sep16,1,6542120.column?coll=la-util-news-local

Some choice tidbits from one of Mexifornia's best:

"The jury's still out on Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. The centrist governor did tell me in early 2001 — before he entered politics — that "I believe in sensible gun controls. Definitely, I'm against assault weapons." And on Monday, he showed it."

"I'm encouraged by Schwarzenegger," Scott says. "He doesn't seem to follow the hard-right Republican line."

"The ammunition bill is modeled after a stronger L.A. city ordinance that requires an ID record of every ammo purchase, whether for a handgun or long gun. The police check a store's records to nab felons and other misfits prohibited from possessing firearms. "It's been very successful," says Lt. Steve Nielsen of the LAPD's gun unit.

"One Republican exception is former legislator Steve Kuykendall, who is seeking an Assembly seat in the San Pedro-Palos Verdes area. A Vietnam combat veteran who packed an assault rifle, Kuykendall says: "I know how VICIOUS [emphasis added] these weapons are. And I don't think they play any role in our urban communities." He has voted to ban them.

"The problem, notes state Atty. Gen. Bill Lockyer, is that people will buy assault weapons in neighbor states and bring them illegally into California undetected. "They're the WEAPON OF CHOICE [emphasis added] for gangs," he says."

"Schwarzenegger signed a bill — by Assemblyman Paul Koretz (D-West Hollywood) — banning sales of .50-caliber BMG SUPER-RIFLES [emphasis added]. These small cannons measure 5 feet, weigh about 30 pounds, sit on tripods and can take out concrete bunkers. They're used for target shooting, mostly out in the desert.

During legislative debate, there was heated argument over whether the guns are capable of bringing down low-flying passenger jets. Republicans were willing to risk it."

You folks living outside of Kal, unless you closely follow, really have no idea how effed-up this place is (politically).

I've seen others on THR allude to the high number of apathetic/ignorant Kal gunowners. They are absolutely right. Many are brain-dead bleeps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gotta love the LA Slimes, err Times..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Gotta love the LA Slimes, err Times..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!