You just never know.....

PDA

bobs1066
September 18, 2004, 11:00 AM
There's this guy at work. He's in his mid-20's, city kid. He was raving about joining the FBI earlier this year and spends a lot of time playing the shoot-em-up computer games.
On Monday, I went out at lunch and bought a LEO-only marked magazine. Why? Just because I could.
Anyhow, I wandered over to his cube to tell my tale of being able to exercise my 2nd Amd rights. When I pulled the magazine out of my pocket, his eyes got very wide and he said in a somewhat firghtened voice "Bob, that looks like part of a gun!"
I said, "Well, that's because it IS part of a gun. It's a magazine, totally inert, can't hurt you at all."
I put it down on his desk. He actually rolled his chair as far away as he could get and would not even look closely at the harmless gadget of sheet metal, plastic and a spring. I explained how buying that mag would have been a federal felony the previous day and then left taking the mag with me, so he could calm down. :rolleyes:
I'll try to get him out to a range someday.

If you enjoyed reading about "You just never know....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BeLikeTrey
September 18, 2004, 11:23 AM
This poor fellow does know the FBI carry from time to time right? ;)
Poor poor fellow. How traumatic for him... :D

P95Carry
September 18, 2004, 11:59 AM
"Bob, that looks like part of a gun!" Give the man a fresh cookie .... he wins the prize of the day.:D He should do well as a Fed .... just hope he knows which hole faces which way! :p

Chipperman
September 18, 2004, 12:02 PM
What a Poser-Weenie. :barf:

Edmond
September 18, 2004, 12:13 PM
Maybe he just wants to be someone's secretary?:D

At least he's not the type of gamer who confuses games with reality.:rolleyes:

Old Dog
September 18, 2004, 12:59 PM
Another priceless moment ... dealing with the clueless ...

aguyindallas
September 18, 2004, 01:32 PM
This guy will likely be in the headlines of a "Gun Just Went Off" episode while cleaning, etc...

So sad.

Mannlicher
September 18, 2004, 01:37 PM
I have found it prudent to just not mention guns, or shooting, or anything related, at work. We have WAY too many ultra liberals, and non Americans where I earn my daily bread.

Can'thavenuthingood
September 18, 2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, guy I work with hunts Elk, has many rifles and just last night was telling me about the Glock 40 he recently bought.

I mentioned the .50 cal ban going into effect and he said, "We don't need a .50 for anything anyway, don't worry about it."

I was simultaneously stunned, disappointed and disgusted at the response.

Conversation ended there as boss came in and work began.

He has no idea what Sacramento has planned for us.

Not until hit with a four by four or a knock on the door will some people wakeup.

Vick

If you enjoyed reading about "You just never know....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!