Just curious...what's everyone going to so with those silly faux collapsible stocks?

PDA

Redlg155
September 18, 2004, 10:01 AM
Now that the ban is over it would be silly to have a fake collapsible stock on your AR.

There is undoubtedly a bunch of them out there, but I haven't seen anyone trying to sell one. So, what are ya'll doing with them? The only thing I could see being worth anything would be the buffer and spring.

Good Shooting
Red

If you enjoyed reading about "Just curious...what's everyone going to so with those silly faux collapsible stocks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
September 18, 2004, 10:29 AM
Ship them to Diane Feinstein. Postage due, of course. :)

Chipperman
September 18, 2004, 10:49 AM
I think they would make a very nice tactical doorstop.

armoredman
September 18, 2004, 10:52 AM
Who's that guy that was making fences out of either M1 or M14 stocks? He could probably find a use for 'em....

Dbl0Kevin
September 18, 2004, 11:21 AM
Well unfortunately I gotta keep mine till I can manage to get outta NJ. But then who knows. On another note I was wondering if there is a way to convert the pinned bushmaster telestock into a working telestock or is it stuck open permenantly?

NMshooter
September 18, 2004, 11:58 AM
They go into the same dusty old box as the front sight bases without bayonet lugs and barrels without threads.:D

Redlg155
September 18, 2004, 01:07 PM
On another note I was wondering if there is a way to convert the pinned bushmaster telestock into a working telestock or is it stuck open permenantly?

If I'm not mistaken, some of the manufacturers use a full length buffer tube to ensure that you can't return it back a collapsible stock.

Good Shooting
Red

Jack19
September 18, 2004, 01:24 PM
Trashed it.

dev_null
September 18, 2004, 01:44 PM
I vote we build a memorial out of them, inscribing each with the names of people (individuals and groups) killed by "gun control."

- 0 -

Mulliga
September 18, 2004, 01:47 PM
As Redlg155 pointed out, many of the M4-style telestocks have full-length buffer tubes, buffers, etc.

I'm keeping mine - you never know when you need an extra stock, and it'll be a nice piece to show the kiddies when talking about how ridiculous gun control is. :p

joab
September 18, 2004, 01:50 PM
Ship them to Diane Feinstein. Postage due, of course Best idea I've heard. I have a side folding welded open wire stock AK. If I can't figure out how to cut the weld that may be what I'll do. But it's got to be done fairly quickly or the stratement would lose it's impact

ReadyontheRight
September 18, 2004, 02:24 PM
Joab -- I saw somewhere that a guy was buying those welded stocks, melting the weld and repainting or reparkerizing. It might be worth a shot.

Mail the anits a cinder block instead.

joab
September 18, 2004, 02:41 PM
If I can fix this thing cheaper than I can buy a new one I'll just mail in my box of about 20 trigger locks.

Unless someone here needs them

WhoKnowsWho
September 18, 2004, 04:24 PM
I didn't really want a collapsible stock at first, but after handing a few ARs with the 16" barrel and collapsible stock, it feels quite handy and nicer to deal with.

cracked butt
September 19, 2004, 03:21 AM
Make lamps out of them?

Steve Smith
September 19, 2004, 05:13 AM
sell them to guys in states that still have to have them. Sell them for less than what they go for new.

varoadking
September 19, 2004, 08:37 AM
My Colt stock was staked on - had to trash it in order to get it off. No loss...

joab
September 19, 2004, 09:40 AM
Steve Smith
Another ecellant idea.
I'll be changeing mine out in the next month any of the deprived want a locked up wire stock for an AK

If you enjoyed reading about "Just curious...what's everyone going to so with those silly faux collapsible stocks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!