why box magazines

PDA

vmfrantz
September 18, 2004, 11:14 AM
I'm looking for a 30-06 or 308. I'd like one with a detachable mag. mostly used for hunting, and posssibly competiton shooting. It seems that all the rifles I looked at are box style. Any suggestions where to look?

If you enjoyed reading about "why box magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Snowman
September 18, 2004, 11:40 AM
All current production CZ 550s in .308 have a 4 round removable magazine. Available in every varient they produce but the Prestige according to the manual. In .30-06 the Standard and Lux are available with a 3 round detachable magazine but may be hard to find or require a special order.

My CZ 550 Varmit Laminated in .308 happens to be for sale at the moment too as it's been replaced with a Browning A-Bolt Eclipse and a Steyr SSG 69. Don't really need 3 very accurate .308s and the CZ was the least expensive so I'm trying to turn it into $ for other desires :)

Edit: Steyr ProHunter also has a removeable magazine and is availble in .30-06 and .308. I have one in .270 and it's a fine rifle at a reasonable price.

nico
September 18, 2004, 03:46 PM
The Tikka T3 uses detatchable mags and is guaranteed sub MOA out of the box. There are a few guys on here who own them and from what I've heard they have nothing but great things to say about them.

If you enjoyed reading about "why box magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!