OK, E-Bay won't post gun or gun-related ads, but they will post this?

PDA

Drizzt
February 22, 2003, 02:50 AM
http://images.andale.com/f2/120/116/8346008/click2enlarge/1034637506366_5271515.jpg

If you are in favor of getting guns off the streets and out of our society, here is the perfect watch for you. It makes your political statement, like a bumper sticker on your wrist. If you are a member of the Jim and Sarah Brady organization Handgun Control, or the Brady Campaign, and are anti-NRA, you'll like this.
This is a very unusual watch... Bet you've never seen one like this before. And, you may never again... So bid accordingly, Good Luck.

THIS WATCH IS BRAND NEW AND COMES WITH 5 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY!
This is a quality watch with genuine leather band and fine precision quartz movement. The face is approx. 1 1/2 ", large, easy to read size.

Don't let this unusual watch get away. It is very attractive and you'll be proud to wear it yourself or give as a gift!

NO RESERVE! BID NOW, BIDDING STARTS AT JUST $7.97!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2160388651&category=367

If you enjoyed reading about "OK, E-Bay won't post gun or gun-related ads, but they will post this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Airwolf
February 22, 2003, 03:01 AM
I'd love to get one, take it to the range, put a 9mm round through it (or better yet a .308) and mail the pieces back to this joker (with the shell casing).

But of course it would just reinforce our image as "gun nuts".

http://flymeaway.net/images/P1124456.jpg

Justin
February 22, 2003, 03:55 AM
WHAT?!

But...but...those folks at VPC and the Brady organizations said that they didn't want to take anyone's guns away!
:rolleyes:

CZ-75
February 22, 2003, 04:48 AM
What do you expect from a company started by a Franco-Iranian?

Boats
February 22, 2003, 10:21 AM
Someone should buy it, put a .177 BB or a pellet through it and then relist it as a "different kind of bumper sticker for your wrist." Unfortunately, I don't know anyone with a really powerful air rifle or I'd try to buy it and shoot it myself.

A "Franco-Iranian?" Isn't that like the ultimate breed of surrender monkey?

Tamara
February 22, 2003, 10:23 AM
OK, E-Bay won't post gun or gun-related ads,

That must be why they have whole sections for "scopes" and "holsters", not to mention "hunting: miscellaneous" which is like Gun Parts Central. :scrutiny:

Sisco
February 22, 2003, 10:35 AM
If you'll check that sellers other auctions you'll find he also has one that says "God bless Charlton Heston" and usually has a variety of gun watches.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3313326503&category=197
He also has Southern Baptist, Islam & "Shalom" watches. Apparently he's a equal opportunity merchant.

Chainsaw
February 22, 2003, 11:47 AM
Sisco wrote< Apparently he's a equal opportunity merchant.>

Or he is an equal opportunity hater, and hates everyone by the same amount.

El Rojo
February 22, 2003, 02:29 PM
Someone who doesn't care about their feedback ought to bid 1 Million dollars and someone else that also doesn't like their feedback ought to bid 1 million and 1 dollars. Then don't pay. I volunteer to be the one to bid 1 million dollars. Someone else wan't go go higher than me? You must bid first. :D

Old Fuff
February 22, 2003, 02:34 PM
Forget the watch! Now I know what to do with all those AOL disks that keep comming in the mail. Thanks much for the idea.

HABU
February 22, 2003, 04:40 PM
Someone who doesn't care about their feedback ought to bid 1 Million dollars El Rojo, to bid over $15,000, one must have a credit card on file with ebay or otherwise be a verified member. Dont ask how I know this, let it suffice to say that no one will be buying that watch any time soon.:D
Now I know what to do with all those AOL disks that keep comming in the mail All my projectiles keep going through the hole in the center. Maybe I should move the CD from the 50 yard line to the 100 yard line?:neener:

thumbtack
February 22, 2003, 05:00 PM
AOL disks make great target. I have been trying to get a 30.06 round through the spindle hole at 100 yards without touching the disk, for about a year now. It's a good thing the AOL disks multiple faster then rabbits.

Peter Gun
February 22, 2003, 08:09 PM
Wow, a political statement on your wrist. Talk about preaching to the choir. "Yup, its 10 o'clock, I'm still a sheep."

MountainPeak
February 22, 2003, 08:22 PM
I know I'm preaching to THEIR choir, but everytime I get a postage free return from anti-gunner orgs., I mail it back. Keeps my garbage from building up. Of course, after turning 50, I do the same with AARP literature. With them, I usually include other junk mail flyers!!! I'm into giving a LITTLE bit back!!!!

SteyrAUG
February 22, 2003, 08:23 PM
Now here is how you tell time. :D

http://www.binarystorage.net/clients/flashbunny/pics/frenchclock.jpg

Zen21Tao
August 16, 2006, 11:49 AM
Ok. I too wish eBay would carry more gun related stuff but I can't say that just them allowing Brady, Hangun Control Inc., or VPC stuff to be sold constitutes an unfair anti-gun bias. In eBay's defendse, if you do a search for NRA you do find ALOT (353 when I searched) of NRA goods. Hypcitical would be to only allow one side and not the other to be sold.

Henry Bowman
August 16, 2006, 12:10 PM
This is a three and a half year old thread that was revived by a spammer. Please do not feed the trolls! :banghead:

Zen21Tao
August 16, 2006, 12:54 PM
My bad. That's what I get for not checking post dates. Damn spammers. :banghead: :cuss:

* Mods feel free to delete my last couple of posts.

Larry Ashcraft
August 16, 2006, 01:03 PM
Spam attack.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "OK, E-Bay won't post gun or gun-related ads, but they will post this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!