45's?

PDA

recon
September 18, 2004, 06:35 PM
Looking to get a Para-Ord P-14. Good choice or not?

If you enjoyed reading about "45's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrMurphy
September 18, 2004, 07:14 PM
Yes, although I prefer the Commander sized P13.

cxm
September 19, 2004, 01:49 PM
I have several para pistols. After the last one I am ditching the ones I have and not buying any more

Had a LDA compact come appart on the range... plug and guide went down range and were lost. The guide is made of stamped metal.

Now any gun can break... it just happens... the bad part is Para gave me a major ration of crap when I asked for a replacement... twice I have had bad experiences with para service... it is the pits.

So no more para for me and I'll have them all gone soon.

/r

Chuck

valor1
September 19, 2004, 07:02 PM
may I recommend the Armscor and Rock Island Armory. Although these pistols are also cast but they seem to function well. The members of my club already replaced their Para Ords with the Armscor/RIAs and they still keep on shooting. Some of the Para Ord owners even experienced warped frames when they did so much shooting. the price of the armscors is also very tempting.

cratz2
September 20, 2004, 12:32 AM
I bought a used blued 14/45 Ltd that had been used for two seasons of competition and it ran absolutely perfectly... Based on that particular gun, I have zero complaints.

Another friend also has one each 14/45, 16/40, 18/9 and they have all been pretty much perfect after some minor (and expected) tweaking.

They are a big gun and I would far prefer a standard 1911A1 to any of the Paras for general use... Maybe one of the smaller or LDA guns for carry if there is an issue with single action. I generally suggest the non-GI MiLSpec from Springfield as a low cost entry to 1911s and urge a few more dollars be spent to get a NRM Colt 1991A1.

If you enjoyed reading about "45's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!