P22

PDA

CRridermike
September 19, 2004, 01:48 PM
i made a deal with my dad that if i passed all my classes he would buy me a SKS. my mind has changed since i made the deal an now i want a P22. Are P22's good guns? and problems? can you get silincers for them? are silincers illeagle? what is the mag. cap.? how much does the standard black model run?

If you enjoyed reading about "P22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XLMiguel
September 19, 2004, 02:42 PM
The Walther P22 has een discussed at length here, use the search function and you will find a bunch of info.

I like mine a lot, it's a fun little gun (I got the 3.4" barrel). It does prefer hi-vel ammo ( at least for break-in). The mag capacity is 10 rnds, I got 2 mags with mine.

Silencers are available, tho they cost at least as much as the gun. Legality depends on your state, and they are class III items, so if they are legal in your state, you will need to do some paperwork for the BATF and pay the appropriate tax. HTH.

Preacherman
September 19, 2004, 03:38 PM
I recently bought two P-22's for use as training guns. I've been very impressed so far. For break-in, I've shot CCI Stingers and Velocitors, Federal and Winchester "bulk" boxes from Wal-Mart, etc., and have not had a malfunction or jam yet.

I'm impressed enough with the P-22's that I'm selling my Ruger 22/45, which was my previous "training" semi-auto.

FEATHERWEIGHT
September 19, 2004, 07:38 PM
My p22 is fairly new. Roll pins walking out a little. Mag drops when my son shoots. Do not know if it him or the weapon.

I had Ruger markII target that I sold because I like the feel and design of the p22.

I think only time will tell with this pistol. It does not seem to be as well built as you would expect from walther.

Would it not be great to get a Glock in .22lr with a 20 rd mag. or a Sig Pro 2022 with 20 rd Mag. Wow!!!

Kar-el
September 19, 2004, 10:08 PM
If your Dad is buying (or if you're buying, for that matter!) don't waste the money on the P-22.

I have a 3.4 and a 5 inch model, they have been back to factory 3 times, replaced once and still need premium ammo to function (almost) properly.

Get a Mark II, Buckmark or a nice .22 revolver that will last you the rest of your life.

Don't get a so-so semiauto (I've been told the P-22 slide is not steel-correct me if I'm wrong). This gun purchase (your first .22) will or should be with you the rest of your life. Make a GOOD choice. I bought the P-22 to train my young sons because it fit their small hands (5 and 6 yrs old). I made a BAD choice.

It's a crapper having to feed premium ammo into a cheap .22 and then still need to stand behind them to clear malfunctions.

The proud owner of a 20 year old Ruger.

CRridermike
September 20, 2004, 12:15 AM
thanks, looks like it will be the SKS, i have a ruger single six, i just wanted a fun semi-auto that looks cool.

phantomak47
September 20, 2004, 01:29 AM
Off Topic, but Get a yugo sks and dont pay over $200.00

If you enjoyed reading about "P22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!