High capacity mag price question?

PDA

phantomak47
September 19, 2004, 05:09 PM
I have noticed that the price of sig 226 high cap mags are around $50, even directly from sigarms. Will this price come down? or is this the price that it will primarily stay at? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "High capacity mag price question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gbourne
September 19, 2004, 06:56 PM
Nobody knows for sure whats going to happen. And buy the way. most people are trying to call them STANDARD capacity mags. We dont want to keep bringing up that Ban that coined that phrase.

AZRickD
September 19, 2004, 07:33 PM
Cut the guy some slack :D

My wife and I have come across quite a few people that 1) didnt' know the ban was over; 2) didn't know there was a ban; or 3) kept confusing random parts of the 'AW' ban with the Brady Law and the 1934 NFA and 1968 GCA (this from a caller today on 'Gun Talk.').

A friend told he he came back from a gun show in Tucson. I asked him about the prices of magazines (an the sour look of vendors stuck with formerly premium-priced goods). Of note was his comment that one vendor was selling magazines at the old-during-the-ban prices. When asked why he was selling them at the old inflated prices, he made it clear that he was unaware that the law had been sunsetted.

Rick

benEzra
September 19, 2004, 11:00 PM
3) kept confusing random parts of the 'AW' ban with the Brady Law and the 1934 NFA and 1968 GCA
A lot of politicians and the media are doing this, too (some of them on purpose, I suspect).

jeff-10
September 19, 2004, 11:08 PM
They were $40 in 93 before the ban so $50 now seems about right.

StephenT
September 19, 2004, 11:46 PM
Go visit www.cdnninvestments.com. They have some demo Sig P226 15-round magazines listed there for $19.99. S&H is $9.99, but you'll save on the sales tax.

phantomak47
September 20, 2004, 12:01 AM
In response to "standard capacity" I am aware that everyone should use this term,but I didnt think everyone was up to speed on it...

Edmond
September 20, 2004, 12:16 AM
I think prices may come down a little bit as more supply gets onto the market. There won't be much market for the neutered mags, but I see no problem in using them at the range.:D

Billy Sparks
September 20, 2004, 06:12 AM
Sig parts from Sig are generally pricey. That said I agree that Sig mags before the ban were about $40 so 10 years later every thing elses prices went up why not mags?

Lone_Gunman
September 20, 2004, 07:39 AM
$50 is not too bad for Sig Mags. The 10 rounders are going for around $40 at Cheaperthandirt.com.

Dave P
September 20, 2004, 08:28 AM
I just got some LEO, sligthly used SIGs for $19 each. They are out there!

And $10 S&H from CDNN- thats outrageous!

WhoKnowsWho
September 20, 2004, 09:15 AM
And $10 S&H from CDNN- thats outrageous!

Not when you order a ton of stuff that at other places would cost $16 to ship or more. And their handguns next day only cost me $10 for shipping too.

Benjamin
September 20, 2004, 12:59 PM
The $52 that Sig is charging for fresh mags is full retail. That's exactly what you should expect to see from the factory. They're not about to undercut their distributors.

Have some CDNN mags. In good shape, cheap. Jump on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "High capacity mag price question?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!