Son of a $)#&^ or My trip to the gun show

PDA

Dbl0Kevin
September 19, 2004, 06:11 PM
Took my father along and went on up to the big gun show in Valley Forge PA today. Turned out to be a pretty good day, got a lotta stuff that I wanted to get and saved some money on shipping costs. Saw a lot of overpriced guns that I avoided buying. The prices on most of the standard cap mags have come down, though it seems like a couple tables didn't get the flyer and still were charging too much. My take for the day was :

1. 20rd box of Aquila IQ 9mm - $7
2. .357 cal. boresnake for my Beretta Storm - $15
3. 1 can of Break Free - $9
4. AR15 Vertical Foregrip and forearm mount - $32
5. Soft AW Case with 5 mag pouches - $25

As for the son of a #($& part....I got the new AR case since after I put on the TacPoint it didn't fit in my old case. Well after I just finished putting on the vertical foregrip it doesn't fit in this new one either!! :banghead: :cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Son of a $)#&^ or My trip to the gun show" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mulliga
September 19, 2004, 06:16 PM
As for the son of a #($& part....I got the new AR case since after I put on the TacPoint it didn't fit in my old case. Well after I just finished putting on the vertical foregrip it doesn't fit in this new one either!!

This is a pretty common problem. When I pony up the $850 for an ACOG to put on my AR, it's going to be hell to find a case that can fit a carry-handle mounted ACOG. ;)

Dbl0Kevin
September 19, 2004, 06:35 PM
Yeah it's not a total loss I guess. I can use it for my Storm at least, though the mag pockets are a tad huge for 9mm mags, but oh well. I guess I'll just have to use my Bushmaster hard case and seperate the upper to fit it in. :scrutiny:

Wolfy
September 19, 2004, 07:55 PM
Dbl0Kevin

I was at the show on Saturday and saw one guy selling CX$ storms with 2 10 round mags and 2 15 round mags for $530 too bad I already have one. Also Berettea is running a promo for 2 free 15 rounders so for $530 you get 6 mags.

I walked out of there with a Surefire L4 $115. Looked online when I got home and it retails for $160.

Dbl0Kevin
September 19, 2004, 08:05 PM
I was at the show on Saturday and saw one guy selling CX$ storms with 2 10 round mags and 2 15 round mags for $530 too bad I already have one. Also Berettea is running a promo for 2 free 15 rounders so for $530 you get 6 mags.

That's a pretty good price. I got mine at Hague's in West Deptford for $599 plus tax along with 2 10 rounders. Just mailed out the UPC for my free 15 rounders from Beretta. I didn't see a whole lot of Storms today though, and the few I did see were in the $575-630 range so I was pleased that I didn't get that bad a deal.

jwmoore
September 19, 2004, 11:21 PM
I walked out of there spending just $7 on the admission fee. I wasn't particularly impressed with anything I saw. I know the guy selling Beta C-mags for ARs was asking $125 more than what I spent last week. :D

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any THRoaders. I was easy to pick out in my THR/Molon Labe tshirt.

~W

If you enjoyed reading about "Son of a $)#&^ or My trip to the gun show" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!