Y'all weren't kidding about mil-surp addiction!

PDA

greyhound
September 19, 2004, 06:14 PM
Last November I bought a Mosin 91/30. Pretty cool but didn't cause me to want more.

Well, in June I sold one of my 2 handguns (to a fellow THR member) to pay for my upcoming Alabama CCW revolver.

Well the money burned a hole in my pocket so I bought a Yugo SKS (first rumblings of the mil surp disease started here as I got the C&R app - will do once I get to AL in October).

Last week I bought a Yugo Mauser and today a Schmidt Rubin K31.

I GOTTA stop and get a safe next, or at least one of those Wal Mart lockers.

For the love of Pete, I don't even HAVE my C&R yet and I am buying them like crazy (couldn't pass up the K-31, they were $85 - wood pretty dinged up [just fixed that with a wet towel and a hot iron] but the bore and bolt were great!).

And good grief, I'm sure there are even MORE gun shows in Alabama than here in Maryland.:D

One new C&R gun nut "reporting for duty". (To quote that great hunter and 2A supporter!:rolleyes: )

If you enjoyed reading about "Y'all weren't kidding about mil-surp addiction!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DMK
September 19, 2004, 06:51 PM
Yea, it's tough to pass up these rifles for the price they sell at. They are just so much fun to collect and shoot! :cool:

SMLE
September 19, 2004, 07:54 PM
<EVIL LAUGHTER> Just wait until you get an Enfield! Then you will be truly lost!<?EVIL LAUGHTER>:D :neener: :D :evil:

Bridger
September 19, 2004, 08:10 PM
I got 4 guns in a splurge when my license came. I just picked up an Savage made Enfield the other week from AIM surplus because I wanted another WWII rifle. M1 Garand from the CMP soon, and yeah, it's a disease! Bank account hates it!

I need to find some semi-affordable .303 now...

Zeke Menuar
September 19, 2004, 08:25 PM
Down the slippery slope you go.

Since December '03

M38
Hungarian M44
M19/30
Yugo SKS
M91/30 Tula-ex sniper
No1 MkIII SMLE

It isn't going to get any better.

BTW, AIM is selling Yugo SKS's for $69.95. So much for a new elk rifle.

ZM

greyhound
September 19, 2004, 08:28 PM
*sigh* I also bought a box of .303 today.

But I GOTTA get a safe first.

Bridger - they had some of those Savage "US Property" Enfields at the show too. I wanted one but contented myself with the ammo.

Now at the October gun show....

keep repeating: BUY SAFE FIRST.....

SMLE
September 19, 2004, 08:32 PM
BTW; You folks with Enfields should click on the URL in my signature. Lots of good info. Also feel free to PM or E-mail me if you have any questions or just want to talk Enfields.

lee n. field
September 19, 2004, 09:13 PM
Just wait until you get an Enfield!

HA! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Sahib Ishapore goes BOOM! :)

ScottsGT
September 19, 2004, 10:27 PM
Hehehehe..
Hope you never catch Garanditis!
Try this on for size:
http://www.odcmp.com/
Then click on rifle sales :D

There's no help for this poor soul now :evil:

BamBam-31
September 20, 2004, 01:06 AM
Ditto the Enfields. Oh, and do check out the Finnish Mosins at www.gunsnammo.com. The M39's are a LOT of rifle for the price.

Langenator
September 20, 2004, 07:31 AM
Since I got my C&R in Feb:

Yugo M24/47
Finn M39 (VKT)
SVT-40
Israeli Mauser
5 K-31s
3 Yugo M59/66s-including one of the current $69.95 specials, although it's going to get a Chaote stock and become a trunk (homeland defense) rifle.

Plus, I already had a Yugo M48A and an Ithaca M1911A1.

SLCDave
September 20, 2004, 12:59 PM
All of this is the reason I don't have my C&R! I know once I get it, I'll go nuts.

roo_ster
September 20, 2004, 01:32 PM
Got my C&R 03 last year.

I can stop whenever I want.

Really.

Leatherneck
September 20, 2004, 02:27 PM
My name is Leatherneck and I'm a Cruffler. :eek:

Garand, m-1 carb, couple SMLEs, K-31, K-98, CZ-52, and I secretly lust for a P-38 and a Luger. All hope is lost. :D

TC
TFL Survivor

Rottweiler
September 20, 2004, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the dark side

RavenVT100
September 20, 2004, 03:36 PM
Question:

I know some C&R rifles can be owned by those of us who do not have a C&R license, such as the Yugo SKS. What extra privileges does a C&R license give the holder?

m39fan
September 20, 2004, 04:13 PM
You can buy the C&R eligible guns at wholesale prices (i.e Yugo SKS's starting at $69.95 vs. $125 and up from a dealer) directly from the wholesalers and have it shipped directly to your home. Considering a C&R license is only $30 and is good for three years, it's easy to see that it'll pay for itself quickly. For example, our local dealer wants $20.00 for every transfer he does. Between the fees and the fact that he makes you feel like he's doing you a GREAT FAVOR :rolleyes: , why wouldn't I want one? Better yet, why don't you? Get one and save time, hassle and money! Well, until you start the buying frensy!!!:D

HTH,
Mike

WhoKnowsWho
September 20, 2004, 04:26 PM
I know some C&R rifles can be owned by those of us who do not have a C&R license, such as the Yugo SKS. What extra privileges does a C&R license give the holder?

Delivery to our door step.

Discounts at www.midwayusa.com and www.brownells.com and other places.

Delivery to our door step and no transfer fee.

Huge collections that don't stop growing 'cause that rifle is only $50-60-70, etc.

Delivery to our door step.

jefnvk
September 20, 2004, 05:27 PM
Since June:

Yugo SKS $180 (I know, high, but Unissued with the log book from my favorite dealer)
Yugo Mauser $80
91/30 $80
Enfield No.4 Mk.1* - See below
Arisaka T38 - See below

Got the Enfield and Arisaka (and a 1966 international 10/22) in trade for a NIB 870. Good deal? :D

Guess what? Enfield 1917 for $150 tomorrow :neener: :D
M1 Garand over Christmas Break

Greatest thing? I've actually spent more on ammo than on the guns :what:

Signed: Hopelessly Addicted

If you enjoyed reading about "Y'all weren't kidding about mil-surp addiction!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!