OWB Paddle Holster

PDA

TURKEY TRACK
September 19, 2004, 11:05 PM
I am using a Tucker Texas Heritage IWB, for now. I want a OWB Paddle for other uses. Anybody have any coments about what would be a good one to to use?

If you enjoyed reading about "OWB Paddle Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ARperson
September 19, 2004, 11:12 PM
I really like the Kydex-type model for my Glock. Just have to make sure to have the belt on snugly because the paddle design in the Kydex makes it easy for the whole unit to shift forward or rearward under the weight of the gun if the pants fit loosely and there's room to wiggle.

JCM298
September 19, 2004, 11:39 PM
I've got Galco paddles for Sigs and snubs. I'm very satisfied with them,

John

JerryM
September 20, 2004, 09:10 PM
I do not like my Galco leather paddle, or Uncle Mike's. Both sit too high and the butt of the gun tends to rotate away from the body making it print.

Personally I prefer the Fobus to either of those two.

The best one I have seen or tried is from Comp-tac.
http://www.comp-tac.com/
They are not expensive, and great customer service, and FAST. Take a look at their site and call them.

Jerry

Jammer Six
September 20, 2004, 09:17 PM
One good thing about Galco paddle holsters is that you can get a good price for them on eBay when you discover Milt Sparks holsters, buy a VMII, and go back to IWB.

:D

TURKEY TRACK
September 20, 2004, 10:49 PM
Jammer,

I agree with IWB, for most of the time, but sometimes it is not what I want to do! Now I use a OWB slide when that time occurs. I am about to wear my pant loops out from taking it off and puting it back on. Just thought the paddle would give some other options. What do you use "most of the time"?

Jammer Six
September 20, 2004, 11:58 PM
A Sparks VMII, exclusively.

You buy a Sparks, you won't need anything else.

I kept a Galco Jackass, just in case I take a trip where I'll be driving for more than two hours.

So far, that hasn't happened.

I sold everything else. Compared to the Sparks, they're junk.

eBay, it turns out, is good for something. :D

P95Carry
September 21, 2004, 12:47 AM
I have a paddle Fobus for P95 and a Kydex paddle for Bersa Thunder (or is it Mak!) .... I do like them because they can be placed anywhere - independent of belt loops.

Some say the draw is too difficult ... well, I'll admit, with Fobus particularly, retention is great - but all it needs is brisk ''intertial'' draw and all is well. Suits me but not all of course. They have their place IMO.

uafgrad
September 21, 2004, 05:41 AM
I like the Safariland 0705 or the Blade Techs
Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "OWB Paddle Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!