Kalashnikov launches liquid weapon

PDA

rick_reno
September 20, 2004, 04:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/20/kalashnikov.vodka.reut/index.html

Kalashnikov launches liquid weapon

Monday, September 20, 2004 Posted: 12:57 PM EDT (1657 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The creator of one of the world's most famous guns, the AK-47 assault rifle, has launched another weapon in Britain -- Kalashnikov vodka.

Lt. Gen. Mikhail Kalashnikov, who invented the AK-47 after being shot by German soldiers during World War II, said Monday he wanted to continue "the good name" of his gun.

"I've always wanted to improve and expand on the good name of my weapon by doing good things," he told Reuters Television.

"So we decided to create a vodka under my name. And we wanted that vodka to be better than anything made, up until now, in both Russia and England."

The Kalashnikov rifle has become the weapon of choice for guerrillas and gangsters across the world. But Kalashnikov said his original intentions for the gun were purely patriotic.

"I did not create the gun for international conflicts, I created it to protect the borders of my country," he said.

"It is not my fault that it has been spread all over the world. It is its reliability and its simplicity that have taken it all over the world."

Promoters of Kalashnikov vodka, which is 82 proof, say it is "made from grain harvested in Russia and water drawn from Lake Ladoga north of St. Petersburg" and is best drunk with friends.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kalashnikov launches liquid weapon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarrigoni
September 20, 2004, 04:40 PM
that's awesome. how can I get my hands on a bottle?

LynnMassGuy
September 20, 2004, 04:44 PM
I'm not a big fan of vodka but I want a bottle!

Warren
September 20, 2004, 04:48 PM
Now if he could just come out with a line of cigarettes. He would cover all three of the big vice bases.

It would be so cool to walk into a store and see an AK bundled with a bottle of vodka and some ciggies.

Greg L
September 20, 2004, 04:50 PM
http://www.vodkakalashnikov.com/images/kal2_b.jpg

http://www.vodkakalashnikov.com/home.htm

Warren
September 20, 2004, 04:54 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............I don't drink and I want one bad.

Kamicosmos
September 20, 2004, 05:20 PM
This comes up every few months....has anyone ever been able to actually find a source for this yet? Closest I came was some English online liquor outlet, they wanted something crazy for it, like 150 pounds, which is over 200 bucks!

I'm almost expecting this to turn out to be yet another internet myth... :(

which is sad, cause I really like good vodka, and of course, the AK bottle is too cool!

bobs1066
September 20, 2004, 05:33 PM
And now, you can get a bottle that holds more than 10 shots! :D

mete
September 20, 2004, 06:29 PM
Buy American - a company in Maine is going to make vodka from potatoes ! http://news.mainetoday.com/stories/040920vodka.shtml

feedthehogs
September 20, 2004, 07:13 PM
The vodka was bad, but the bottle was cool.

http://www.sacfla.org/DSCF0024.JPG

erik the bold
September 20, 2004, 07:17 PM
Buy American - a company in Maine is going to make vodka from potatoes ! http://news.mainetoday.com/stories/040920vodka.shtml

Duh......? Isn't all vodka made principally from potatoes :confused: :D

confinedbythecurtain
September 20, 2004, 07:17 PM
The bottle and case are so badass.... I might take up drinking. Now if they would only make a whisky....

nico
September 20, 2004, 07:52 PM
Duh......? Isn't all vodka made principally from potatoes
a lot of the ones I've seen were made from grains. There's also a company that makes soy vodka. They claim it's smoother than anything else.

Waitone
September 20, 2004, 10:22 PM
Great, all we need is an assault vodka. Quick, someone get to Feinstein and get her to put the vodka on her list of inanimate objects which possess moral attributes.

WhiteKnight
September 20, 2004, 10:49 PM
Now if he could just come out with a line of cigarettes. He would cover all three of the big vice bases.

I fail to see how an interest/possession of firearms is a vice.

So, in your opinion, owning an AK is a "serious moral failing," an "immoral habit," or a "evil conduct?"

:scrutiny:

-------------------------------------
vice1
n.

1. An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.
2. A serious moral failing.
3. Wicked or evil conduct or habits; corruption.
2. Sexual immorality, especially prostitution.
1. A slight personal failing; a foible: the vice of untidiness.
2. A flaw or imperfection; a defect.
4. A physical defect or weakness.
5. An undesirable habit, such as crib-biting, in a domestic animal.
1. Vice A character representing generalized or particular vice in English morality plays.
2. A jester or buffoon.
--------------------------------------

The_Antibubba
September 20, 2004, 11:02 PM
I wonder which has killed more people-The AK 47, or Russian vodka?

:scrutiny:

nico
September 20, 2004, 11:23 PM
Alcohol isn't necessarily a vice either.

stealthmode
September 20, 2004, 11:44 PM
didnt kalishnakov die a few months ago?

1911Ron
September 20, 2004, 11:55 PM
Very nice but does it have Da'Switch:evil: :neener:

Black92LX
September 21, 2004, 12:04 AM
Anyone for some Scredrivers:D

Warren
September 21, 2004, 12:10 AM
I fail to see how an interest/possession of firearms is a vice.

See Prohibitionists: Mindset of.

twency
September 21, 2004, 10:44 AM
I fail to see how an interest/possession of firearms is a vice

For a satirical look at Washington Politics see Christopher Buckley's Thank You For Smoking (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060976624/qid=1095774061/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/104-1993927-2584759?v=glance&s=books&n=507846). It's been a few years since I've read it, but I recall it having some amusing descriptions of the outcasts of Washington advocacy groups, the Merchants of Death; ie, the lobbyists for the alcohol, tobacco, and firearms industries.

-twency

I am not a politician.

(Minor editing for grammer)

Warren
September 21, 2004, 02:56 PM
That is what I was thinking of...the big three as they called themselves would meet at a bar every now and then to bitch and moan and compare what worked and what didn't.

Mostly Harmless
September 21, 2004, 03:43 PM
Would make a good Molotov Cocktail.

Kalashnikov Vodka,
Orange juice
Grenadine....

The closest I can think of to a drink that looks like flames.

Sam Adams
September 21, 2004, 05:19 PM
I do believe that the bottle is illegal in Kalifornistan and the PRNJ, but the rest of the country should be OK.

Dionysusigma
September 21, 2004, 06:47 PM
Duh......? Isn't all vodka made principally from potatoes
a lot of the ones I've seen were made from grains. There's also a company that makes soy vodka. They claim it's smoother than anything else.

The original, real stuff is made from turnips. :)

mec
September 22, 2004, 07:24 PM
Tinker is lobbying for a kalasnikov cigar. That way you could fullfill Dogbert's dream and by alcohol, tobacco and firearms from the same store and use all three on the way home.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kalashnikov launches liquid weapon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!