Has there been any assault weapons used in crimes in your area since the 14th???

PDA

effengee
September 21, 2004, 08:07 PM
Over a week and no differences here in Vermont...
Although the parking lot at the local gun shops seem to be fuller lately, which is good for the economy, right???
Hmmmmm.... I guess that it's not the weapon that causes the crime....
Hope the next President realizes this...

If you enjoyed reading about "Has there been any assault weapons used in crimes in your area since the 14th???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZeroX
September 21, 2004, 08:09 PM
I don't seem to recollect an influx of full auto death in my area, no. :rolleyes:

Ex-MA Hole
September 21, 2004, 08:10 PM
Wow, I'm SHOCKED!!!

:scrutiny:

It's ALMOST like the ban was useless and accomplished nothing! Imagine that? Wow.

:banghead:

stv
September 21, 2004, 08:16 PM
Nothing in SF, though we did have an unprovoked stabbing after a Giants game.

Daniel964
September 21, 2004, 08:18 PM
I haven't heard about anything. I have my nets set out for the flood of AK47s, Uzis, Tec 9s etc and I haven't even caught a normal cap magazine yet. I must have them set up on the wrong street?

Jmurman
September 21, 2004, 08:29 PM
No we haven't had any assault weapons crimes here...but a Pittsburg Steeler flag was taken form someones front porch...oooohhhh the HORROR! :neener:

Daniel964
September 21, 2004, 08:39 PM
Where in MD you from? My wifes family in Edgewood. About 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

Reno
September 21, 2004, 08:47 PM
If any crimes, anywhere had been committed with anything even resembling an "assault weapon," it would've been all over the national news.

NoLibs
September 21, 2004, 09:01 PM
Only thing I've noticed is an abundance of overly aggressive drivers sporting JohnJohn stickers who seem to dislike my GWB sticker.

Though they seem to back off once they notice the NRA logo just below.

Imagine that

Ringer
September 21, 2004, 09:13 PM
They did bust this kid for supposedly planning a Columbine like event. They have video of him with an AK-47. As close as it is to Detroit I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it, but it wasn't, the "assault weapon" angle I mean.

The site is copyrighted so here is the link if interested Videotape Shows School-Terror Teen With Guns (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3746531/detail.html)

fistful
September 21, 2004, 10:04 PM
Yesterday, some guy with a shotgun killed an unarmed guard with one shot to the chest at the Illinois capitol. Earlier in the day, he had attempted to rob a gunstore. A local radio announcer (in St. Louis) surmised that maybe he wanted to steal one of them there assault weapons that you can suddenly buy now. He wasn't a commentator, wasn't hosting a talk show, just giving us the latest news at the top of the hour, and decided that that uninformed guess was a necessary part of the story.

I-G-N-O-R-A-N-C-E :banghead:

2nd Amendment
September 21, 2004, 10:44 PM
Indiana is strangely quiet. I went out and checked the day the ban expired, looking for the flood of Assault Weapons on my street. Didn't find any. Maybe the surge just hasn't washed up here yet?

dakotasin
September 21, 2004, 10:50 PM
there was a bank robbery around here, somewhere...
http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=22,34835

i love the line about 'he just ignored the sign and walked in'... (the sign proclaimed nobody had any guns in the bank).

ilcylic
September 21, 2004, 10:59 PM
*GASP*

You mean the man who was about to commit a federal felony and rob a bank wasn't turned back at the door like a vampire from garlic by the nice widdle engraved sign saying it was a "Gun Free Zone"?

I'm so shocked!

"Hrmmmmm. Nobody here will be able to effectively resist..."

-Ogre

dakotasin
September 21, 2004, 11:05 PM
lol! yeah, pretty funny! i really do love how the news article plays up that he walked right past the sign...

AF_INT1N0
September 21, 2004, 11:41 PM
Nothing in SF, though we did have an unprovoked stabbing after a Giants game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was with a bayonet, wasn't it......

Come on don't lie ya'll the fact that we haven't seen a thousand deaths at the hands of full auto packing, Icecream truck driving, clown nose wearing penguins Is proof that the Bush Regime is suppressing the free media...:mad: :cuss:

:rolleyes:

westex
September 22, 2004, 12:51 AM
I've too afraid to go outside to get the paper. TV might backlight me. I think I've been hearing constant automatic fire from Uzis and AK47s. My wife says it's just the acorns falling on the roof but what does she know. I'm not taking any chances until I get an "all clear" from CBS.

Ryder
September 22, 2004, 02:36 AM
There were many extended shot strings sounding off around my town on the day the ban ended. There may be a local ordinance against firing a gun in town??? If celebrating qualifies as a crime then yes but other than that it's been quiet ever since. :D

Tharg
September 22, 2004, 04:31 AM
Read that article about the kid who was shooting the ak47... and found it extremelhy disturbing that his dad was helping him - helping him steal golf carts, hiding guns, etc etc. and was arrested as well.

i'm like - omg...

THEN <rofl> i have to go back to the mothers statments... he's a good kid of course.... "brainwashed" by the nazi sites...

:rolleyes:

THIS gets me to wondering - his kid was stealing golf carts.. and he was (allegedly) an accomplice... and the wife had.... no... clue?

not only that - her bouncing baby boy is a good boy btw...

bleh

for the record - live in the sticks and i've not even heard one autofire mag fired off... and you can hear for quite some distance in the sticks =) Not to mention i've somehow missed news of the masses of bloody AK-47/uzi/tec-9 induced corpses....

J/Tharg!

Black Majik
September 22, 2004, 04:48 AM
Nothing in Southern California.

But hell, we're not even allowed AR's and AK's... so all I hear is crickets.

aguyindallas
September 22, 2004, 07:23 AM
The only crime in my area is the fact that I don't have the extra cash to go buy one. Thats a crime!

wmenorr67
September 22, 2004, 07:39 AM
Ditto what aguyindallas says. The biggest crime is no money to stock up myself.:D

Daniel964
September 22, 2004, 07:44 AM
My wife told me last night if we get the extra cash I should buy a .50 BMG

Did I get a keeper or what?

xdoctor
September 22, 2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah, a few blocks from where I live some guy opened up his living room window and opened fire on another tenant of the apartment building with an ak-47. Needless to say, he was caught at an extremely high rate of speed. We have a lot of rocket scientists living around here.

Archie
September 22, 2004, 01:23 PM
(well, I'm not sure what's so 'great' about it...)

Not even any gang related shootings reported. How disappointing is that? Heck, we always have gang related shootings and stuff.

El Tejon
September 22, 2004, 01:31 PM
2nd, not the case in Northern Indiana! I would report many crimes taking place, mostly gun dealers taking advantage of El Tejon avarice for Colt ARs and standard pistol mags.:D

sekdar
September 22, 2004, 01:32 PM
a friend of mine was killed by a drive-by-bayonetting yesterday. the assault weapon was so mean it went and killed his whole family, too :( :( :(

Muzzleflash
September 22, 2004, 03:49 PM
http://web.morons.org/forum/topic.jsp?id=71#board

I made a thread on their board with this topic- everyone who wants to go mirror their post in this thread their is encouraged to. :D

Moparmike
September 22, 2004, 09:34 PM
That depends. Is it considered a crime that my AK is sitting in a corner collecting dust? It's post-ban dust...

Moparmike
September 22, 2004, 09:36 PM
double tap

Billy the Kid
September 23, 2004, 01:39 PM
They did bust this kid for supposedly planning a Columbine like event. They have video of him with an AK-47. As close as it is to Detroit I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it, but it wasn't, the "assault weapon" angle I mean.They did bust this kid for supposedly planning a Columbine like event. They have video of him with an AK-47. As close as it is to Detroit I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it, but it wasn't, the "assault weapon" angle I mean.

well note the date on the film.

Billy the Kid
September 23, 2004, 01:40 PM
They did bust this kid for supposedly planning a Columbine like event. They have video of him with an AK-47. As close as it is to Detroit I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it, but it wasn't, the "assault weapon" angle I mean.They did bust this kid for supposedly planning a Columbine like event. They have video of him with an AK-47. As close as it is to Detroit I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it, but it wasn't, the "assault weapon" angle I mean.

well note the date on the film.

boofus
September 23, 2004, 01:51 PM
If the ban was renewed or made even more restrictive how exactly would it have stopped this crime?

The punk simply would have stolen the exact same gun. Except the gun and mags would now be stamped 'For law enforcement/military use or export only'. Semi-autos and standard cap mags will still be available at the local gun shop because police officers buy equipment locally sometimes, so the anti argument about reduced availability is a bunch of liberal hogwash.

I'm so sure after seeing that AWB warning on the stolen gun the perp will decide to stop his nefarious ways and abandon his heinous plans to murder his classmates. /sarcasm :rolleyes:

JohnBT
September 23, 2004, 03:44 PM
I'm sure we must have had at least one around here recently. After all we have a lot of murders and since most of them go unsolved the odds are pretty good there was at least one assault-style weapon involved.

I know there were some earlier in the year.

John

RobW
September 23, 2004, 03:48 PM
Lots of drive-by bayonetings here! You should come to Las Vegas. Don't forget the shovels to clean the streets off of all the UZI's and AK47's.

They are out in the streets like hell! :rolleyes:

deej
September 23, 2004, 04:15 PM
There was apparently a drive-by shooting in scenic Oakland, California yesterday. The police haven't recovered the weapon, but are sure it's an "assault rifle." Of course, "assault weapons" continue to be illegal here in California, and our low crime rates and absence of gang-related drive-bys prove it!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2004/09/23/OAKLAND23.DTL

Sarna said police have determined that the weapon used in the shooting was an assault rifle, but police are not releasing any suspect or suspect vehicle descriptions.

The_Antibubba
September 24, 2004, 02:32 AM
Yeah, deej, but here in CA that could be a .22 Walther with thread screws on the barrel! :rolleyes:

Wildalaska
September 24, 2004, 02:42 AM
I put a bayonet on my M4 while doing my nightly Silence of the L:ambs dance...

Thants a horrific crime, neh?

WildthehorrorAlaska

If you enjoyed reading about "Has there been any assault weapons used in crimes in your area since the 14th???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!