wts cobray pistols

PDA

walking arsenal
September 22, 2004, 07:51 PM
im looking at getting a cobray in 9mm or .45, does anyone have any experience in these? or perhaps have one that is taking up space in the safe that they might want to be rid of?:D

If you enjoyed reading about "wts cobray pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
albanian
September 22, 2004, 09:50 PM
I assume you are talking about the Cobray M-11 type guns. The ones that look like UZIs sort of? I think they made some traditional pistols as well, you don't mean those do you?

Anyway, my friend has a Cobray M-11 and it is O.K. It does not jam like the Tec-9 I had and seems to have some accuracy also. My Tec-9 (AB-10) was a POS. It jammed and couldn't hit anything because the bbl was to large of a diameter. You could place a 9mm bullet into the muzzle and it would go all the way in with out any resistance!:barf:

The M-11 is really unconfortable to hold and it is hard to shoot well but it looks cool and is fun to shoot. If I wanted a M-11 type gun, I would just buy a 20-30rd extended mag for my Beretta 92fs and beable to hit something and have a much smaller and easier to carry package.

standingbear
September 22, 2004, 09:53 PM
cobrays...macs and ingrams

used to collect them,If you want a good cobray copy but dont have alot of cash to buy SWD m11s then go to masterpiece arms website and order their catalog,the 9mm version"MPA30" runs around 250 new dealer cost and they use standard 30 round sten SMG mags,they copy the m11 cobray-semiauto only..the 45 acp version is a copy of the original mac10 only semiautomatic only...called"MPA10". its quite heavy and uses standard greasegun mags.275 new dealer cost.Ive found that MPA heat treats everything and machines the parts including the internals,for better fit and durability...some of the other copies just cast the internals and dont heat treat the barrels.may not be a big deal to some but it is when it breaks and you have to buy new everything...well,you get the idea

Early SWD m11/9mm are good guns and fun but too many clones have been made since then that are half junk made from left overs and cast internals.you can convert a cobray m11 that uses cobray "plastic" mags to sten by welding on a different mag housing,madsen SMG mags will work in an original cobray m11/9mm with alil dremmeling and welding a lip to keep it from rattling.cobray.com sells parts,masterpiece arms sells parts and complete guns to ffl holders only.both have websites.

no,dont have any more,kinda wanting an MPA30 for myself...if I had the funds.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "wts cobray pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!