Why can't I post...

PDA

JPL
September 22, 2004, 09:44 PM
to the "What college did you go to" thread?

I've tried, literally, 20 separate times to post to this thread over the last half hour or so, but it simply refuses to do anything but churn.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why can't I post..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JPL
September 22, 2004, 09:47 PM
It finally took.

I guess the squirrels powering the servers are on strike? :)

Mal H
September 22, 2004, 10:08 PM
Don't know. Others were able to post during that time period.

I saw your posts in that thread. It looks like they were being buffered, perhaps at your ISP.

I deleted the extra posts. (Makes mtnbkr's post look odd. :) )

Mal H
September 22, 2004, 10:14 PM
Even more posts popped up as I was posting the above. They were definitely being stored somewhere in between you and THR.

If this happens again on a different thread, please wait a while before posting multiple copies. See if the first one eventually shows up.

P95Carry
September 22, 2004, 10:33 PM
Just has a huge number of stabs at getting a reply post to be taken .... it would not go! Wonder if this will. I got a preview but the ''reply.php'' call seems to be stalling ... badly.

Larry Ashcraft
September 22, 2004, 11:10 PM
Just checking in quick tonight, I saw two instances of triple posts and a couple of double posts.

Something weird going on. :scrutiny:

EDIT: this post timed out once, so I copied the text and went back to THR. It wasn't there. Replied again and timed out again. This time it's here.

EDIT AGAIN: The post below happened AFTER my edit.

Larry Ashcraft
September 22, 2004, 11:13 PM
Just checking in quick tonight, I saw two instances of triple posts and a couple of double posts.

Something weird going on. :scrutiny:

EDIT: I'm gonna do this by edit because posting is not working for me. Buffering is occurring SOMEWHERE: :confused:

Good night Y'all. :)

JPL
September 22, 2004, 11:21 PM
Sorry about that, Mal.

How many times did the message eventually show?

I can't understand why it would have been buffering at my ISP (Cox).

My youngest screams bloody murder whenever there's a nanosecond delay in access, and there wasn't a peep from him. :)

Edit:

OK, this message just took nearly TWENTY MINUTES to post.

I'm having absolutely no problems with other websites this evening, just this one.

sm
September 22, 2004, 11:28 PM
Yep, something is going on.

Postings, pages loading up , and getting into PMs and working with them earlier was a nightmare.

To: Gremlin messing with us
- I need a break from homework.

From: The guy that has the loaded guns and pwr switch on this end.

Its okay to threaten a 'puter Gremlin , I checked the Rules of Conduct and Cisco don't care either.

:p

P95Carry
September 22, 2004, 11:31 PM
Mal .. sure is quite a glitch! I unintentionally achieved ... 11 ... yes 11 posts duplicated on this thread ..

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=101893

I went back and edited all except one but it's a mess and they need deleted really.

Odd thing was ... each time I tried .. the data transfer seemed stalled .. and got nowhere ... no confirmation page ... thus I tried again several times! Something somehow was caching the submissions .. danged if i know how and why.:confused: :p

Larry Ashcraft
September 22, 2004, 11:35 PM
Double and triple posts in this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102786

EDIT: I KNEW it! This post was a test. Posted, timed out, refreshed, Chris posted, waited three minutes, refreshed again, and there it was. I'm gonna watch for a few minutes and then I'll go to bed.

EDIT AGAIN: Edits are working fine, how bout we just each post one reply and just keep editing them. :D

Chris, you are just talkative tonight. :D

caseydog
September 22, 2004, 11:58 PM
Err , sorry , grazed the topics before posting about the double/triple taps , didn't see anything pertinent. Now I see that it's adressed here. Ray

Mal H
September 23, 2004, 04:54 PM
JPL - "How many times ..."

There was roughly 18 or so. There were coming faster than I could manually delete, so I went for the automation route and got the remainder. :)

Obviously with so many problems of the same type, it wasn't your ISP. The problem is here on THR. Derek is aware of it.

Mal H
September 23, 2004, 04:55 PM
JPL - "How many times ..."

There was roughly 18 or so. There were coming faster than I could manually delete, so I went for the automation route and got the remainder. :)

Obviously with so many problems of the same type, it wasn't your ISP. The problem is here on THR. Derek is aware of it.

[Edit]
Just as I thought. It's not fixed. I saw the reply taking a long time so I did what everyone else is doing to see if I got a double tap. Sure enough. The first time I only waited about 30 seconds; Stop; resubmit; waited about 6 minutes.

:banghead: :banghead:

mtnbkr
September 23, 2004, 05:41 PM
Makes mtnbkr's post look odd

Gee, thanks. :p

Chris

Jason Demond
September 23, 2004, 05:48 PM
I can't post in the Gmail Invite thread. It's been trying to go through for the last 10 minutes.

Jason Demond
September 23, 2004, 05:54 PM
That's realy odd, the above post took only a couple seconds.

Jason Demond
September 23, 2004, 05:59 PM
That's realy odd, the above post took only a couple seconds.

The Gmail post finally took.

The_Antibubba
September 23, 2004, 07:38 PM
Don't know if this will go through-I'm not having trouble at any other site.

Jason Demond
September 23, 2004, 11:32 PM
Posts seem to be going right through now.

JPL
September 24, 2004, 12:08 AM
I should say it wasn't my ISP, Mal!

I mean Cox high speed internet is...

Well, it's...

Uh....

Yeah, it could have been those toads! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Why can't I post..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!