Attaching videos

PDA

Lennyjoe
September 24, 2004, 12:00 PM
Quick question,

I have a good gun video about 2mb long and would like to attach it here so folks can see it.

But, Im not smart on doing that here so if someone can give me some heads up on how to do this easy task I can drop the video for everyone to see.

I tried to attach it but it didnt work.:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Attaching videos" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sergeant Sabre
September 24, 2004, 12:05 PM
It appears that you may have forgotten to post the video

BluesBear
September 24, 2004, 12:16 PM
LennyJoe,

If it is an accepted format you click on the button in the Attach A File section, second from the bottom, right above the Post A Poll section.

Good call Sarge. :rolleyes:
Especially since he was asking HOW to post it.

Lennyjoe
September 24, 2004, 12:20 PM
Sarge caught me while I was editing the post.

Not his fault, but mine.;)

I will try it when I get home. Maybe the work puter wont do the trick.

Andrew Rothman
September 24, 2004, 12:33 PM
This properly belongs in the Technical forum...

Anyway, you can only post a file that is smaller than 256K.

You'd have to host it somewhere else, and post a link.

George S.
September 24, 2004, 12:42 PM
Your ISP should give you some amount of storage space that you can use for developing a home page, picture posting or such. Typically the space you get can be anywhere from 2-10MB in size. You need to upload the file to your ISP's server and then you simply reference the link by clicking on the "http:// box just above the reply box. Enter the link in the form of www.yourISPname.com/folder/filename.ext--- where "yourISPname" is usually the same as the extension on your e-mail address or may have something like www.home.ISPname The "folder" is the name of the folder or directory where the files resides and of course the filename is what you called the file. Be sure to add the filename extension appropriate to the video you created. .wmv .avi or such.

There are some websites wher you can register for some free hosting or places that charge a small amount to host files for you. Paying a fee usually gets you much more storage (as much as 100MB). Do a Google search on picture hosting for links to free services.

HTH!! NOTE!! Don't click on the highlighted links as they won't work!!

wasrjoe
September 24, 2004, 02:53 PM
I've got bandwidth being waisted, I wouldn't mind hosting it for you.

Lennyjoe
September 24, 2004, 04:18 PM
wasrjoe, I'll email it to you shortly.

On another note, I gotta build my own webpage someday.

Gotta get smart on it first though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Attaching videos" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!