Fun At The Gun And Knife Show

PDA

bad_dad_brad
February 22, 2003, 11:20 PM
I went to our local bi-yearly gun and knife show today. I don't go to gun shows to buy guns. I specifically go to find bargains on good knives, and the occasional unusual knife.

Today I picked up a:

SOG Flash 1 - a cool little folding knife with a mechanical assist. The blade really does come out in a flash - $35. Brand new design.

S&W HRT Boot Knife - essentially a dagger. Illegal to carry in my state. It has aluminum handle which I found to be a bit different. It looks like sort of a shorter stouter SAS dagger. At $20 bucks, I presume it is just for looking at, and I get the feeling it would not hold up to much abuse.

CRKT Alaska Carcajou - Now here is something you don't see everyday. This is a skinning knife with a unique shape, specificaly designed by an Alaskan Guide. Very well made, quality, and I thought a real bargain at $25. It would make a great kitchen knife. Hard to describe, it has a finger hole at the end of the handle.

$80 bucks worth of fun!

Attached is a pic of the CRKT.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fun At The Gun And Knife Show" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 23, 2003, 10:58 PM
Congratulations on the purchase of your new knives, bad_dad_brad.;)

You can never have too many knives, or guns for that matter.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Fun At The Gun And Knife Show" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!