S&W 1911 Sc

PDA

Ala Dan
September 25, 2004, 11:51 PM
Greeting's All-

Has anyone seen, or does anyone have any experience with
this scandium 1911 from Smith & Wesson. Got a close up type
inspection of one this morning in my dealers show case.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life member

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 1911 Sc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45R
September 26, 2004, 12:12 AM
What!!!!

Its not a Sig 220A!!!! :D

PinnedAndRecessed
September 26, 2004, 02:04 AM
What a coincidence. I looked at one today, too.

The only thing I remember is that huge looking "nuclear" symbol on the slide right in front of the huge "1911."

I don't think I liked the looks of it. Probably a fantastic gun, though.

denfoote
September 26, 2004, 04:16 AM
I know a lady that bought one. She said it had a :cuss: of a kick, but that she was alright with it!!!
She also has a stainless SW1911 that I got to fire. They are nice!! Almost as nice as my Springfield!!!

fastbolt
September 26, 2004, 01:38 PM
One of the guys picked one up and brought it to the range ...

I handled it, but didn't have time to fire it.

He liked it, and another who fired it like it ... but it also had a burred edge on the inside of the grip safety which was occasionally hanging up on the hammer strut and not allowing the grip safety to return rearward when it was released. The 1911 armorer easily knocked off the burred edge and restored it to proper functioning.

Seemed like a nice, lightweight Commander-type 1911 ...

I'll try and make a note to shoot it the next time it comes through the range ... ;)

Black Majik
September 28, 2004, 02:25 AM
They are nice pistols, lightweight and points well. (oh wait, it points well cuz its a 1911... duh! :neener: )

Only thing I've noticed about the 2 SC's I've looked at was that the slide needed to be nudged back into battery. That there kinda concerned me.

But I'd go for the scandium commander model over their full size SW1911.

Those rollmarks kill the look of the gun though. :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 1911 Sc" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!